New CCI "Velocitor" .22 LR shells

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Has anybody out there shot these new .22 Long Rifle loads from CCI. They are claiming a velocity of around 1650 with "30% More Energy" than regular LR loads. I have used the "Stinger" shells for years on Prairie dogs and carp and they definately have more pop than regular. These new ones are supposed to be faster than the stingers. They only have a 32 grain bullet. I bought two boxes but have not shot them yet.

Any Opinions?

BeanMan

The Velocitor is a 40 grain Gold Dot hollow point bullet 1435 fps. The Stingers are a 32 grain regular hollow point 1640 fps. The Velocitor is promoted as a more premium bullet for small game/varmint hunting and should shoot as well as your stingers do.

MDnut

They seemed like mini mags to me...only twice as much $$$.think i will stick with the mini mags.never had anyproblems.
hicountry

I have used them on prairie dogs and seen a little better results than my cci stingers and cheapy federals. I have since moved on to a .223 for more distance, etc. I still like the .22 but can only shoot it for so long where I go.
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom