"New" Deer Rifle

maxxbob1

It's not really new, it was made in 1910. I got it from a guy up in Idaho. It's a Model 1894 Winchester 25-35 WCF Saddle Ring Carbine. I have a doe license up in Wyoming this year, so I plan to shoot something with it this fall. I took it out to the Zia Range and it shoots good. It groups good enough to shoot a deer out to 100 yards, and it will group better after some additional practice. I haven't shot with open sights in a long time.
-- Bob

4a78f28301bb5dee.jpg

4a78f2cd040e8afb.jpg

4a78f2ff05224a45.jpg

nice, i just sold a big coffee can full of 25-35 ammo, i would have offered it to you if you were a few days sooner! have fun with it.

Nice looking gun for its age. Be fun to shoot.Good luck getting your doe with it, let us know if you shoot something with it.

Max nice gun! A buddy of mine just got some guns from his grandfathers house and has the exact same gun in 32win special. How much do you yhink it would be worth?

Cahunter805 - 32 Special is a great cartridge. What it is worth depends on many things, condition, age, configuration, how much is original (and what has been modified or is missing), how rare it is, etc. The more original and pristine it is the more it is worth. If someone sanded the stock, or had it re-blued, or drilled holes to mount a scope, or had a part replaced that isn't an exact original, it is worth less. If the bore is shiny and like new it is worth more than if it's rough or pitted. So, if it is shootable, it should be worth any where from around $400 on the low end to about $2500 for something in collector quality condition. That's my guess for a Saddle Ring Carbine, and I may be off on the high end, because I buy guns to shoot, not collect. Of course, how much it is worth really comes down to how bad the seller wants to sell it and how much the buyer is willing to pay. -- I wish I had one in 32 Special!! (I'll PM you with what I paid)
-- Bob

Very nice. I'm a mod 94 nut. I have at least 1 in every caliber made.

I even took an elk a few years back with my 30-30. I was in heavy brush where a scoped rifle was out of the question and I had to get close and shoot fast.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom