New Direction

larrbo

Very Active Member
Well, the people have spoken...we are going a new direction. As a conservative I have seen this coming for the past 4 years, the republican congress lost it's way and became arrogant.

So now as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi say "we are changing direction in this country". Now we need to ask is it north, south, east or west? The campaign slogans are over, now we need the details.

I don't believe that there will be a huge change in direction for a couple of reasons. First the majorities will be so small that there will have to be a lot of compromise. In addition many of the Dems elected are not from the Nancy Pelosi/Hillary Clinton flaming liberal wing of the dem party. Most were moderate dems with a moderate constituents who are not in favor of slash and burn politics.

I think the real change will be how the White House now has to move more to the middle to get anything done. Lame duck president and the 08 election looming will mean the dems can't play it too liberal or they may find their power only lasts two years.

Nemont

Middle ground sounds nice...but what is the middle ground>

Let's take Iraq for example. If the conservatives say "keep fighting until we win" and the liberals say "let's pull out now", where would the middle ground be? Is the middle ground that all agree we can't lose this battle and we need a new way to win? Or is it "we tryed our best..let's go home". That is why I posted that the campaign slogans are over, what is that direction?

I see this floating about the internet...

By now you've all seen the Democrats' latest campaign slogan:

They call for, "A New Direction For America" !

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401K's are back. A new direction from there means what?

Unemployment is at 25 year lows. A new direction from there means what?

Oil prices are plummeting. A new direction from there means what?

Taxes are at 20 year lows. A new direction from there means what?

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs. A new direction from there means what?

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year. A new direction from there means what?

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years. A new direction from there means what?

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows. A new direction from there means what?

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01. A new direction from there means what?

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced in years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel. A new direction from there means what?

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel, including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded in mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks A new direction from there means what?

Just as Bush had planned and foretold us of on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as Bush said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are alighting the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading to the United States to wage war on us here.

A new direction from there means what?

Moreover, bear in mind that all of the above occurred in the face of the
1999 tech crash, the epidemic of corporate scandals throughout the 90's, and the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks on NYC years in the planning which collectively sucked 24 trillions dollars and 7.8 million jobs out of the US economy even before G.W. Bush had time to unpack his suitcases in the White House.

It's easy for the Democrats to attempt to discredit, disgrace and defame our commander in chief, George W. Bush -- that's what they do. What's not so easy for them to do is to refute irrefutable facts, no matter how they might try.

Do yourself and this country of ours a favor and don't be a mindless sheep or a blind liberal lap dog, bent on hate and blame-shifting simply in the name of hate and blame-shifting. Take heed of reality, use your head and cast your vote wisely in the upcoming elections. The stakes are far too high today, as America's very future, and yes, even its very survival is now at stake.

In truth, the Democrats have no plan for anything except that they hate Bush!

Your Take?

Well said HH. I'd have to agree 110%. And as T likes, those are facts.

It's Bush's fault!!!

HH just posted it, he didn't write it. Some great points but very complex. Thanks HH. Everyone has different priorities.

What I love most about all of this, is that the people have spoken. They have unequivocably expressed their displeasure in the incumbents and their 'values'. Where will it take us? Who knows?

I took great pride in being part of that process. I don't think I've enjoyed voting any more than I did yesterday-it just hammered home what a wonderful and blessed country we live in.

Then I read the paper and saw that a man in France is being prosecuted for questioning that the Holocaust occurred. He spoke his opinion and is being PROSECUTED as a criminal.

Just made my being an American that much more special.

My first thought, this person's figure's are off. Unemployment this month nationwide hit a five year low, but still has not come close to the low during the Clinton era. Oil prices have not "plummeted" overall during the Bush reign, most of us remember prices well under 2$ during the Clinton era, today the average nationwide is 2.22 and overall trend is for rising prices forecasted in the months to come. If the war has gone so well, then why did Rumsfeld resign today and the Republicans lose house and a senate split? Just my 2cents since you asked.
D

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-06 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]HH, perfect!

D, "Oil prices have not "plummeted" overall during the Bush reign, most of us remember prices well under 2$ during the Clinton era, today the average nationwide is 2.22 and overall trend is for rising prices forecasted in the months to come. If the war has gone so well, then why did Rumsfeld resign today and the Republicans lose house and a senate split?"

Is that it? With that brilliant post, you just shot down everything posted by HH? With the rate of inflation and the cost of doing business, we're damn lucky fuel isn't 4$ a gallon.

Why, you're right! Bush should be discredited.

LOL. Help us and save us from the New French Party.

I am a political conservative. A deadlocked congress where no party has either a clear majority or even a numerical majority or where one party controls the house and the other controls the senate may lead to very little new legislation being completed. No new laws. No new programs. Hmmmm . . . no changes. Doesn't sound too bad. This is one interpretation of "conservative," maintaining things as they are.

Indeed, it seems there has been evidence of hubris in the executive branch. If the Democrats don't suffer likewise from a fit of hubris, maybe they can accomplish good things. They could start by not walking down the primrose path trotting out a bunch of new anti-gun legislation.

I just checked the latest update, it appears the Dems will win the Senate also. I didn't know HH wrote the article, but he did ask for our opinon's so I gave mine. Man was I out of line LOL.

I finally heard Nancy Pelosi's new plan or direction for the first 100 hours of her being speaker. She will have a bill to raise the min. wage and reduce interest on student loans. Way to tackle the tough issues Nancy.

That would be a great first step in my opinion, LONG overdue. But I'm guessing unless Pelosi snapped her fingers and reversed all the strategic flops in the war overnight, the naysayers wouldn't be happy. A little early to be judgemental. Hell, I at least gave Bush a term before I judged...

I think we all need to give HH a standing ovation for this post.

well except the minority of folks on here that sides with the Dman.

Again -

GREAT POST HH

Didn't waste much time here where I live, the price of gas went up today by 5 cents a gallon. Wonder when it will stop, coould have waited till after hunting season. LOL

Brian

30inchbuck,
It might be a small minority on MM but from the body slam the republicans took yesterday not a small minority elsewhere wouldn't you say? looks like the dems will control the senate also at this point, if they do that will be a HUGE power shift. I think with Bush's new humble attitude the dems will work with him and everything will be be OK, we have a balance of power now and that's just where we need to be.

I am excited to see the new direction!
It is time for all the whining Democrats to now propose a plan to resolve the issues:
Oh wait, Bush is still in office, so what we are going to get is 2 more years of whining, with NO action and NO proposal.
This behavior got them the Senate and House, now they will keep using it to get the Oval Office.

There will be NO new direction.

Boy real positive attitude there, now we have whining republicans and the dems don't even take power until Jan. oh well if someone's going to be unhappy better you than me.

Fantastic post H-H!!!!
Eric
deerline.gif

I have to give one democrat some credit.

Charles Rangel (Dem) NY who will be the next chairman of the Ways and Means committee, said before the election.."I can't think of one Bush tax cut we should keep". This is one Dem. that had the guts to say what he wants to do.

If you don't like the price of gas....hold on to your wallets when your tax bill comes.

You're right, it's called fiscal responsibility. something the republicans used to push for, increased spending and tax cuts can only go on so long. republicans have been running up the tab for 6 years and it's time to open the bill and face it.

Tax revenues are a record rates since the tax cuts. We are collecting enough money into the tresury, they are spending too much. Raising taxes will actually slow down the revenues coming in, so that isn't the solution.

Yep, that's the new direction. Raise taxes. On the wealthy of course. They won't tell you though that the wealthy won't have to pay them. They'll just up their prices and pass it on the the rest of us. Can't wait.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom