New Elk Management Plan

Does anyone know if the unlimited archery Antler-less permits are season date specific?

What I mean by this. The way the rule is wrote currently. Does this apply below.
Additional opportunity
There is some flexibility if you are an ant- lerless elk permit holder who also possesses a permit to hunt any one of the following seasons:
• Limited entry bull elk (archery, muzzleloader, any legal weapon or multi-season)
• Antlerless deer or elk, excluding antler- less elk-control permits
If your antlerless elk permit is for the same area as one of the permits listed above—and you use the appropriate weapon type specified for your current hunting season—you may use your antlerless permit during the season dates authorized for your other permit.
Please keep in mind, you may continue to hunt for antlerless elk during the season dates listed on your buck or bull permit, even after you have harvested your buck or bull. However, you may not use a permit for a buck deer or bull elk during the antlerless season, unless it’s during the timeframe when the two seasons overlap.
If you obtain two antlerless elk permits for the same area—but the permits are for differ- ent seasons—you may harvest both elk during the same season.
I hope not that would be devastating to our herd.

Does anyone know if the unlimited archery Antler-less permits are season date specific?

What I mean by this. The way the rule is wrote currently. Does this apply below.
Additional opportunity
There is some flexibility if you are an ant- lerless elk permit holder who also possesses a permit to hunt any one of the following seasons:
• Limited entry bull elk (archery, muzzleloader, any legal weapon or multi-season)
• Antlerless deer or elk, excluding antler- less elk-control permits
If your antlerless elk permit is for the same area as one of the permits listed above—and you use the appropriate weapon type specified for your current hunting season—you may use your antlerless permit during the season dates authorized for your other permit.
Please keep in mind, you may continue to hunt for antlerless elk during the season dates listed on your buck or bull permit, even after you have harvested your buck or bull. However, you may not use a permit for a buck deer or bull elk during the antlerless season, unless it’s during the timeframe when the two seasons overlap.
If you obtain two antlerless elk permits for the same area—but the permits are for differ- ent seasons—you may harvest both elk during the same season.
No they are not, in fact they are completely doing away with that rule.

If the plan moves forward your cow tag will be for the specified dates on the license. You will no longer be able to harvest a cow during any of the other seasons.

I would really suggest people go online and watch at least one RAC meeting from any of the regions. You will learn a lot from watching them.

I'll Sure Be Glad When They Open This State Up To Year-around hunting 365!

You See Something!

Just Shoot It!

Most Of You PUNKS Are Too Young To Remember Opening Day On Strawberry Res!

Best Thing They Ever Did Was Open Fishing Season Up To Year-Around!

No they are not, in fact they are completely doing away with that rule.

If the plan moves forward your cow tag will be for the specified dates on the license. You will no longer be able to harvest a cow during any of the other seasons.

I would really suggest people go online and watch at least one RAC meeting from any of the regions. You will learn a lot from watching them.
Perfect thanks jake. I watched all of them but I must of missed that section.

I'll Sure Be Glad When They Open This State Up To Year-around hunting 365!

You See Something!

Just Shoot It!

Most Of You PUNKS Are Too Young To Remember Opening Day On Strawberry Res!

Best Thing They Ever Did Was Open Fishing Season Up To Year-Around!
I loved opening of fishing total chaos

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom