New Gun ?'s

arnold_jeremiah

Ok guys so i'm thinking i will draw at least 2 deer tags and possibly an elk tag for rifle season this year. I have a .30-06 in the 700 mtn rifle and i can't shoot it worth a darn. I'm thinking i'll buy a new gun this friday and give the 06 to my brother for graduation. I've been looking at a sendero in .300 win mag seems like a good gun but is it worth the price? Also liked the tikka's and they are about 1/3rd the price of the sendero. I have a ruger in .22-250 that i really like and would buy a larger caliber one but they don't sell them at the store i'm looking at. So what would ya'll buy and what caliber?

I have no idea why i can't. I really have never liked it all that much. Last time i shot it the stock broke at the swivel stud so i'm gonna have to replace that. Plus with it being broke i can justify to my girlfriend why i need to spend money on a new gun. ha ha

You might take it to a reputable smith and have a stock put on to your liking. The barrel can be floated and the action bedded at this same time. Just a thought.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-11 AT 06:59PM (MST)[p]That Sendero is gonna get a little heavy if you have to tote it any distance. I think you would love the Tikka. I like the .300 Win mag too.

Ended up with the Tikka in a .270 wsm. I really like how light it is plus it was 200 bucks cheaper including a vortex scope than the sendero. Hopefully it shoots nice.

>Ended up with the Tikka in
>a .270 wsm. I really
>like how light it is
>plus it was 200 bucks
>cheaper including a vortex scope
>than the sendero. Hopefully it
>shoots nice.

Is it the T3 Lite? I have one in that caliber...Great shooter and nice and light..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I think you will be pleased..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom