new gun!

Utahn

Just purchased a weatherby vanguard for 250$ at wal-mart. Topped it with a burris fullfield II and leopold rings. I cant wait to go shooting!

The rifle is a 30.06 and I am going to go shooting today. I couldn't resist when I saw the sale price of 250$

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." A little ditty my Dad told me about from his days in the Marine Corps. They never called a rifle a gun.

BeanMan

Same in the US Army, get caught calling your rifle a "gun" and it was 50 pushups and 10 laps around the company area holding your rifle with one hand and the other holding your "privates" and repeating that same slogun.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-04 AT 03:27AM (MST)[p]"This is my Rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

The last words you ever wanted to say in basic training was, "Sargent, my guns jammed!" LOL..That's a cardinal sin to the 10th power. You never wanted a weapons malfunction anyway, but to refer to your precious rifle as a "gun", was unforgivable!!

I hate the term "gun", even though I have been guilty of using that term. It makes a weapon seem undignified somehow.

Weapon, firearm, rifle...Yeah.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom