New (LE Archery Elk Hunts) Cache North, Box Elder ETC.

Anyone out there have any ideas on what the tag numbers will be for these new LE Archery, & HAMS hunts will be? Trying to way my options on archery elk units in the state. Hard to know how many tags the new units will offer
Cache North, Box Elder Sawtooth, Nine Mile, Stansbury, Southwest Desert, and more

Your guess is as good as anyones at this point. Almost no way to predict what direction they are going to go with these hunts as far as tags go. If I had to guess judging how they’ve handled new hunts in the past, they usually start out pretty limited on permits the first year or two to see what kinda success rates they have out the gate before they pour the tags to them. However, since these are opportunistic hunts, they might start out with more permits and look at success rates and hunter satisfaction and adjust from there.

Watching the wildlife board meeting where they made these hunts, it kinda sounded like they might give out some tags for these hunts. Being as the DWR was planning on making them all general season and the WB changing what the DWR suggested kinda threw the whole thing up in the air. Personally I think they plan on giving out a good number of tags but nothing is set in stone yet.

Every state becoming more and more like Europe. There are a few Eastern states that gave 3 day archery hunts just so people could go walk around the woods, knowing the vast majority would never harvest anything. A wildlife manager I spoke with said we have to give people the “Opportunity”. just not for the vast majority a likely harvest opportunity, just an outdoors excursion. All the best hunting now being owned by the King and his rich band of Merry men.

Anyone heard anything on possible tag numbers yet? I did read above just thought maybe someone had heard something new...
Thanks for your time

Well whatever they do it won't be good..I don't know about some of those units but I do know about the nine mile anthrow unit 25-30 years it was as good as any of the le elk units in the state then the udwr started messing with it and it went in the toilet..udwr is like the government when they start messing with anything they ruin it

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom