New Leupold RX rangefinder problem

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I got a new Leupold RX-IV (Boone and Crocket) rangefinder. I triple checked the TBR and it is not working. I turn TBR on, select BAS (which sould calculate the horizontal distance only). I range a building and I am 100% certain it is giving me LOW (line of sight) and NOT recalculating only the horizontal distance.

For anyone who wants to check my math the rangefinder reads 17 yards at eye level (0 degrees) to side of building. When I go up to 58 degrees it measures 31 yards. This is the LOS distance NOT the horizontal distance (which should still say 17 yards).

Anone else have this issue? I made sure Ihave all the settings correct and tried everything.

call leupold, i have the RX-IV and had issues with it. i sent it in they tested it and confirmed it was a software issue and sent me a new unit. ive not had any issues since.

"Shoot Straight"

Thanks! Clock is ticking, I will have to wait though. I was HOPING someone would point out something obvious that I was stupid and missed!

I had a Leupold rangefinder with the inclination/dec calculator and had nothing but problems with it. I was very unhappy.
I bought a Leica and have been very pleased... but I have to calculate for up/down shots.

Good luck,
Zeke

leupold range finders are junk. i went through the whole deal of sending mine back, they sent another brand new one which didnt work, send that one back ... get a leica

Just sent one in as it would not work properly in TBR, was off by more than 10% at 100 yards, and would not turn on and/or indicate low battery at times with a new battery. Go Leica IMO!

Leica 1600 (which I just bought) doesn't have TBR.
Leica 1600B doesn't have TBR under 100 yards(according to a Leica customer service rep).

Don, Get the "Leupold 1000i TBR w/DNA". It's the best archery TBR and mid range rifle rangefinder you can buy. If you get one in the next cpl weeks and don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

Strictly rifle, for under $1000, you can't beat the Leica 1600B. Over $1000 it's the G7 BR2.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom