new license?

BBB

Very Active Member
Okay. I am trying to put in for Utah and found that they want me to buy a 365 day license or input the license # for last years license. I can't remember if my last year's license is still valid, in fact I don't know where last year's license is (I didn't draw a tag). If my license is still valid would the system allow me to but another license or will it tell me I have a license vaid until a certain date?

Thanks for your help!

If you bought it just to put in for the hunts this time last year then its probably expired. Last year the application date were a few weeks earlier so it may have expired a few weeks ago. I would just try calling up the DWR and ask them. They should be able to tell you.

If it says you need one to apply, you need to buy it. You shoulsd wait till late in the application period to buy/apply in the years you have to buy to apply as a nonresident so you can make it an every other year thing. A resident would want it every year anyway... Seems like the application dates get later every year and its valid one year from the date you buy it.

Wouldn't the license need to be valid at the time of the drawing not just at the time of application? It would be great if us non-residents could skip every other year on the hunting license. I would hate to loose a tag just becasue I am trying to save $65 every other year.

Sage-Its my understanding that you just need a license to be valid at the time you apply. If you draw a tag you would then have to purchase a new valid license in order to hunt. I could be wrong but hope not as this is ow I have done it.

Yep. That's how it is. You only need a valid license at the moment you apply for a tag or when hunting, not at the time of draw or tag issuance.

>Yep. That's how it is. You
>only need a valid license
>at the moment you apply
>for a tag or when
>hunting, not at the time
>of draw or tag issuance.
>

yes sir, thats the way it is. When you put in for that tag the system is going to know if you have a valid license. If you don't, it will make you buy one.

You do have to have a valid license at the time you put in for the draws, that I agree with.

But you don't have to have a valid license at the time of your hunt, only when you apply. So if all you plan on is hunting big game, if you time it right you can skip a year of buying a license. As long as you don't plan on fishing or anything else. (I have family that does this)

For example, in 2009, my combo license was expired in July, before my Book Cliffs hunt. I was checked on the hunt and all they asked for was your tag. I even asked if they needed my hunting license (before I knew it was expired) and they said as long as you have the tag that is all you need. It wasn't until I went to put in for Turkey in December that I even realized that it was expired.

Thinking back on it, every time I have been checked it is always just a check on the tag, not the hunting/combo license.

BBB, when you go on line and begin the application process, it automatically tells you, if you have a valid license. You can go in and it will tell you when it expires, without having to complete the application process.

High country is correct. Here is the actual wording in the hunting brochure:'

Be sure to take a quick look at the date on your license before you apply for any permits or points. As long as your license is valid on the date you submit your application, you don't have to purchase a new license for the actual hunt.
For example, assume that your license expires on June 25, 2011. If you apply before that date, you do not have to purchase a new license for your hunt in the fall.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I bought the lic. and its way cheaper than other out of state licenses.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

>I bought the lic. and its
>way cheaper than other out
>of state licenses.
>
>
>http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

Yes, but if you bought it now, that wasn't the best option. Last year I had to buy a license, so I waited until later in the month since it is a 365 day license. This year, I applied early so the license is still good and I did not have to buy another one for this years applications. All I had to pay was $10 for each app.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom