New mathews

ruthunter

Just went to mathews website and they have the clock counting down the release of there new bow. Im hoping for a z7 with a 2-3" ata more. Anybody have any idea what it will be?

A 34-36" z7 that will go out to a 31" draw length & I'm sold.

"...I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel
drive, and a country boy can survive..."

Hank Williams Jr.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-10 AT 01:07PM (MST)[p] So mathews finally came out with a bow that will accomadate a long draw archer called the z9. I think i will just keep my original z7 but i may shoot the magnum and ez7 just to see how they handle. I think the extreme at 28" ata is just to short. All in all they just extended the z series.

I agree on the extreme, too short. It will sell good out east where you mainly hunt in a tree stand or from a blind. The Magnum looks like the ticket out west. I ordered the Z7 Magnum today. Wonder how long it will take to come in?

They extended the Z series but totally missed the boat, IMO. They left out what was realy needed, a 34-36" ata version. The rest are yawners.

You're exactly right big pig. All that anticipation and build-up and for what! A 28" z7, and a 30" long draw z7 (9). Can you imagine the string angle on those bows at full draw. It will be practically horizontal-freaking ridiculous! It's becoming more and more clear that the mathews boys are catering to the eastern crowd. I'm pretty disappointed but will reserve judgement until I at least shoot them. A 35" hoyt is looking better and better every day and I bet I'm not the only mathews guy that's about ready to jump ship onto the dark side.

Hank Williams Jr.

Maybe I'm in the minority on the shorter ATA. I bought a Z7 specifically for my Montana elk hunt next year. I wanted a shorter ATA than my MQ1 and loved the way it shot. I'll sell the MQ1 to you guys wanting a longer ATA :)

I have always liked the longer ATA bows as well. I shoot one that has a 35 ATA. Can't seem to like the short ATA bows much...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-10 AT 01:30PM (MST)[p]For me, (and dare I say for most) the issue with really short ata bows is with the really steep string angle at full draw with longer draw archers (like me-31"). To align my eye through the peep, I have to slightly adjust my head which is not only uncomfortable, it causes poor shooting posture. Another issue is a longer ata bow balances better & is more forgiving to bow hand torque. Unless you have a vice for a bow hand (and some archers do), any wobble in your hand will be magnified more so with a tiny little bow. It's amazing what a difference 4-6 inches makes. It just really surprises me that mathews doesn't have a 34-36" z7. They just about have every other variation. Too bad cause the z7 is the standard by which all other solo-cam bows will be measured.

Hank Williams Jr.

I can see that. I'm a 29" draw so I don't have a problem seeing through the peep. The hand torque I haven't really noticed that much difference between my Z7 and MQ1. I shoot better groups with the Z7, but I may shoot even better groups with something like a Switchback. I've never tried.

Yeah I like the dimesions on a couple of the new Hoyts too. My only concern for them is they are slow in comparison to a lot of what is new out there now. I'm not a speed guy so I think they are plenty fast enough, but speed sells these days. I'm afraid Hoyt got the dimensions right, but the performance wrong. Will be interesting to see what Bowtech comes out with. I'd love to see a 34" Destroyer 340!

im one of the mathews guys jumping ship to a hoyt. i was waiting and hoping for a new monster but at 2100 no freaking way man... ordered a hoyt carbon element 32 with 80 pound limbs to keep speed up as i like a heavier arrow....

helpes me decide since the carbon bows came down in price 400!!!! yeah buddddddy ;)

>Yeah I like the dimesions on
>a couple of the new
>Hoyts too. My only
>concern for them is they
>are slow in comparison to
>a lot of what is
>new out there now.
>I'm not a speed guy
>so I think they are
>plenty fast enough, but speed
>sells these days. I'm
>afraid Hoyt got the dimensions
>right, but the performance wrong.
> Will be interesting to
>see what Bowtech comes out
>with. I'd love to
>see a 34" Destroyer 340!
>Yep, wait for the new Bowtech. I've heard it'll be a fast center pivot bow. They arent going to be released until Jan 5-6 though. Supposed to be called the Invasion.

Athens Archery Field Staff
Wicked1 Bowstring Staff

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]which bow of the Mathews do you think would be more forgiving for a guy with a 29 inch draw. The z9 or the new Monster MR7?

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-10 AT 09:22PM (MST)[p]Having owned a Switchback LD with similar specs to the Z9 I can tell you that you wont shoot a more forgiving bow than that. I dont consider myself a great shot, but I won the only 3D shoot I ever entered and did so with that bow. The problem with the SB LD was the lack of speed, which they have increased with the Z9, should be a pretty good bow. With all of that said though, I just bought a used Monster 7, looking for the increased speed.

z9 is a much more forgiving and smoother bow than the new m7. personally ive got an m7 on order because im a speedfreak and i love the ke the m7 puts out...

For me, shorter the better...I love a short bow when elk huntin. Crawling through oak brush is a little easier with a shorter bow, rideing a horse is easier with a short bow and a quiver that won't come off (Mathews 2 piece quiver)when your on horeback. I've been shooting the Switchback XT since 06 but I believe I will be owning a new Z7X come next fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom