New Mexico 2C Muzzy Here I Come!

upmuley

Super excited to be hunting my favorite state, with my favorite hunting weapon in one of the best units! Anybody have this tag before? I'd love to see some pics or hear some stories to get me even more stoked!

LAST EDITED ON May-04-12 AT 10:46AM (MST)[p]I hear that the time of year is tuff because the migration is not happening. Muzzeloader right? My son and myself drew unit 2b for the muzzeloader hunt. I am stoked too! It took me a long time to not draw a rifle tag there so I tried muzzeloader and it still took forever.
But now me and my little boy will be chasing muleys in Sept. I plan on doing some major scouting before to find where they are hanging out because last time my buddy and I hunting in 2b on the muzzeloader hunt it took us 4 1/2 days and many miles to finally find where the bucks where hanging out. And I tell you my buddy missed a whopper of a buck twice....I guess he didn't realize he needed to take of the safety before he pressed the trigger.BUCK FEVER!! LMAO!
Anyway congrats on the hunt! It should be fun. Plan on scouting?

Lionking

47d81ada2754674f.jpg

AWESOME tag. Congrats. 2C has way more resident deer than 2B, so the migration shouldn't be such a big factor. But scouting as much as you can is. You have a premier big buck tag, use it!

We hunted 2C with a bow in January two years ago. There are monster deer in there, but they are hard to find.

We hired a guide and the hunt would've been terrible if we hadn't (though if I went again, I would go unguided). We hunted much harder with a guide than I would've if I was on my own, simply because we would've been discouraged by the lack of deer. The guide made us stay out from dark-til-dark for five straight days, and we saw some monsters.

Our hunt was the type where you don't see many deer, but the ones you do see are BIG.

PM if you would like and I will give you more info.

Also, we are headed to 2B this January with a bow... so if you have any info on that, I would really appreciate it. I don't know where to start and we are going DIY.

Grizzly

I drew out of the Nov 3rd rifle hunt so I should be ok with the migration deer. I had a muzzleloader tag a couple years ago and didn't see much. The game warden for the area said its a tough hunt if its not in November or later.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom