New Mexico Antelope Awesome Trip

SWINGBOW

I bought 2 land owner tags from Dan Bishop at Cola Blanca Outfitters (Coues deer fame) for a self guided hint on one of his ranches in N.M. I took my 19 year old brother with me. Can't wait 'till this kid finishes college so he can sponsor me on a trip. We had an absolute blast!!! The ranch was huge and held some great bucks. I have hunted speed goats in Montana and Colorado and seen more animals but not of the size that N.M. holds. My brother stalked his buck alone for 2 hours and shot him at 350 yards. He judged the distance without a range finder (dead battery) and made a perfect shot right in the boiler room as I watched in the spotting scope from about 3/4 mile away. He didn't know I was watching and went into a sweet celebration dance I'll never let him live down. I am so proud of him. After the high fives and pictures we went to an old barn on the ranch and hung his buck up and then it was my turn. My hunt was also special we walked about a mile into a big draw that had no road into it. I looked up and saw a buck running straight towards the draw from about a mile away. We ducked out of sight and moved closer to where we thought he was headed. As we popped our heads up he was now about 600 yards away and having a stare down with a coyote. We ducked down again and moved a little closer and took another peak. He was 200 easy yards away. One shot = end of hunt at 11:30 on opening day!!! I told my buddies the story and they said it sounded like a "turkey shoot" I have to disagree and say that everything just went perfect! Thanks to Dan again another great hunt. Three more years and it's little brother's turn to buy...........

46ef6c051d2ba456.jpg

46ef6c2d1d519231.jpg

Congrats to the both of you on a great hunt and getting your Lopes. Great pictures too, thanks for posting them.

Brian

Congrats on the great hunt. You guys did real good and got some good looking bicks for sure. Loved reading how you took your little Bro on this hunt, sounds like he is headed to a successful carreer after school.Love it. Anyhow , again congrats and thanks for sharing the great pics....

Hey Swingbow- What does a landowner tag in New Mexico go for? I'm sure it is not cheap. Nice goats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom