New Mexico Bait and Switch

upmuley

Has anyone tried filing a chargeback with their credit card company for their applications for NM Sheep or Oryx? I am probably going to do it today. I am a merchant and if I did offered one thing, took someone's money then changed the agreement after the fact I would need to IMMEDIATELY refund the money (and probably get my hands slapped for such a poor, misleading business practice). This falls under "service/merchandise not as advertised/material misrepresentation by buyer. I encourage each and everyone of you to call your credit card company and dispute the charges based on this contractual principal. Changing the rules after the draw = weak. Then telling people they are holding their money until after the draw after changing the rules = fraud. Please share how it works out for you.

These chargebacks will cost the state money and cause some grief. It is our one and only recourse as I see it. Good luck.

I thought about doing it but by the time they send me the paperwork and I fill it out and they act on it, the draw will probably be complete and I'd get my refund anyway.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-14 AT 06:55PM (MST)[p]I did it a couple days after the ruling. Not a problem getting the charges reversed so far. NM made it easy by sending that email out saying residents will not have a bigger percentage of the tags and everything was dated. I called the CC company, they put a hold on the charge and I faxed them the regs showing 30 tags available for my son to apply for. I also sent them a copy of the email and the notice on the NM website. Not sure how NM is going to handle me pulling the elk and Lope portion as well but I say that is their problem not mine. The charge was done all at once so too bad for them.
The CC company said this definitely falls under the not as advertised and product availability clause.
You will not pay any interest from the day you disputed it.

Did you guys have wheeler or latir on ram hunts on your applications? Whoops if you did. The gave out nonresident tags for those two hunt codes....

>Did you guys have wheeler or
>latir on ram hunts on
>your applications? Whoops if
>you did. The gave
>out nonresident tags for those
>two hunt codes....

Do you have a link to this year's draw report?

No. Draw report is not out. They wouldn't let me look at it. They just read the results I was interested in to me.

>Did you guys have wheeler or
>latir on ram hunts on
>your applications? Whoops if
>you did. The gave
>out nonresident tags for those
>two hunt codes....

No, only applied for Oryx. Did not like the new odds after the ruling and needed the money for another state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom