New Mexico deer

B

Bascom

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-13 AT 07:24PM (MST)[p]I had a very good hunt last week. I shot a bruiser 7x6, 30.5 inch spread the first 10 minutes of the season. I have hunted 6 years for a a decent buck, never thought I would get one like this. I wore out 3 pairs of merril shoes! Maybe someone can post a pic for me. I still can't figure out how to post.

In the above section you can upload photos (printed in red). Click the link, browse to find your photo, upload and it will give you a link to copy and paste on your post.
If not email it to me and I will try to post it for you. [email protected]

Would love to see your buck.

Awesome buck Bascom!! Lets hear the story.

One of these ought to work

6790buck_1.jpg

1129buck_2.jpg

84852013_buck_1.jpg

91242013_buck_2.jpg

Hunted 34 for several years and have seen some good ones, but not like this. My hunting pard and I always get as far away from roads as possible. We walked 5 miles in the dark trying to get to a canyon before light. We barely made it. He was with two does and several hundred yards away. I had to literally run up a saddle to catch them before they made it to the brush. I caught him on the next ridge. I was so out of breath, dove into a dead cedar and took my shot. I really didn't know he was that big. First rough measure he is almost 190. I really don't care what he scores, just the best time with friends and being in the wild.

34!! Wow!! They do exist. Never seen a buck that big in this unit.
Congrats, sounds like you earned it!!

I've seen two this big 3 yrs ago. One busted out of the brush 30 yds from me. I could barely get my gun up.... Of course I missed. Ha ha I know they are there, but almost completely nocturnal. In my limited experience, u have about 10 minutes at first light and they are gone.

I'm drooling here. I've hunted these things for almost four decades and have yet to come even close to a deer like that. Much congrats--he's beautiful.

Nice Buck.. Congrats Hope to find something like that for my wife this upcoming weekend for her hunt in 16.

Thanks everybody! I feel very fortunate to have got this deer. I have a new 3 month old son that I have already told him the story 10 times! Ha ha

That's a great buck! Especially for Unit 34. I hunted 2B last year and was hoping to find one like that, but no such luck. Never thought I'd seen one come out of 34.

Man that is a great buck congrats. I saw one buck down there like that a few years ago on the December archery elk hunt. He was pushing some does around and I was wishing I had a tag. I was no where near where you harvested that buck so I guess there are a few in the area just very far in between. Congrats again.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom