New Mexico Hunting Help

Ozzy

Howdy. I'm new to the forum. I will be moving to Albuquerque for a few months here soon and was wondering about the hunting opportunities. It looks like it's mostly draws for all species. I'm in the military so although I won't be there long, I think I can get resident rates while I'm there. However, given my current location, I've missed the applications. I'll be there around October until March. I like to hunt big game, but I'm interested in anything that I wouldn't be able to do back East. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

You couldn't be in a better state for western hunting, and benefiting from military tags. Besides otc barbary sheep tags, and maybe a leftover tag this year is done.

Next year, make sure your capitalize on your resident and military status. If you do this right, you will have some great hunts while you are stationed in NM.

I won't be in NM next season. This is only a 4-5 month gig. Next I will be living in Arizona for a couple years. Already planning for there. Just wanted to see what I could do in NM this fall/winter.

Mtn lion, black bear, Barbary sheep, late season archery elk all have OTC opportunities. Albuquerque is about as central as you can get when it comes to hunting all corners of NM.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

You could try OTC elk in southern Colorado; late Oct-early Nov. But I don't think they have any military discounts so it would cost you ~$600. Some good small game and bird hunting in NM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom