New Mexico unit 12&13

1manshow

Anyone have an update on the Elk action in unit 12 & 13?? The bulls making any noise yet? We did some scouting sept 1-5 and only seen a few cows and no screaming at all.The weater is changing so Hopefully they start soon....manshow

I acutally think the last hunt will be OUTSTANDING. I think the gila goes wild with rutting by the 19th. bugling or not, this is when the cows start coming into estrus. All the bottled up energy is about to surface hard. IMO

I just got back from 12 and not one bugle in 4 days of hunting. Last year at this time, the party had started and was crazy. Things seem to be a bit delayed...

I have drawn the rifle hunt in 12 for October 3-7. Sounds like things may be crazy come the first of October. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to share a little info on the unit. Plan to arrive several days ahead of the opener to scout. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Skeet

Skeet....i wish i had some some info to share...Do you have an outfitter to hunt with...Lots of private land as others have said...Hopefully some of the other will chime in with some new updates....I will also be out there Oct 3-7...Good Luck!!1

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom