New Muzzy cleaning questions

Elmacho

Based on my research, I bought a TC Omega-

I have read a bunch of the prior threads, but want to get some specifics.

Many say to clean the barrel with warm water. do you run a patch of oil afterward?

Does it hurt to clean the barrel like a regular rifle: solvent, brush, oil patch, dry patch method?

I'm just not used to adding water to the steel of any of my regular guns.....

Thanks

Mark

My advice: Give up on all other cleaners... use patches soaked with windex. You wont use anything else.

After cleaning I run a patch through with a little bit of borebutter on it to coat the barrel.

-DallanC

Mark,

I know exactly where you're coming from.
I've cleaned rifle barrels for years, many
good custom ones, and was SHOCKED at the way
Muzz's were done.

Don't feel bad. The water way works great. Just lube
after your finished. Also, the Windex works like a charm.

Danmed sure lube after that.

It's Apples and Oranges. I promise. It killed me
at first too.

lrv

YOU GUYS ARE YANKING ME, RIGHT?

so this is what to do?
1) load gun
2) shoot gun
3) swab a good patch of windex
4) lightly coat with oil/butter?
5) start over

No scrubbing?, No build up? No copper fouling? No need to clean the lands/grooves thoroughly???????

say it aint so......

Mark

Elmacho,

I agree with the 4 steps you have outlined except for #4. I'd rather use Breakfree CLP for protecting the bore instead of bore butter. Breakfree is better.......hell WD40 would be preferable to bore butter. Maybe in the old days people had to resort to protecting the bore with that stuff but today there are better options.

That is good to know that bore butter isn't the only option now. I have had a big tube for years and so I haven't even looked into what is available.... I didn't mind borebutter but if there is something better, I'm there!
Thanks for the info!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom