New Rest

ARCHER11

So, i'm in the market for a new rest but need a final push to make my decision. I'm torn between the Trophy Taker Xtreme FC, Ripcord code red, and QAD ultrarest. From what I understand these are all great rests and in reality i'd probably be happy with either one but just thought i'd get everyone's opinion... Any major differences I should consider? Thanks guys!

I love my trophy taker xtreme fc and have a QAD for backup. I like my trophy taker and would say go with the trophy taker then QAD but which ever one fits the bill. I think the ripcord is cheaper but my vote is the trophy taker you have listed. Also the trophy taker will only fit on some bows and not others but i think the ripcord and QAD fit every bow. Hope my trophy taker vote helps you out!

I have a QAD Ultra HD and love it. Shot a Ripcord for a while, great containment but once you draw if you let down the containment arm goes down as well. Hope that makes sense.

You might want to take a look at the Trophy Taker Smackdown rests. It is a fantastic rest. It is limb driven so no messing with your cables which could affect cam timing. They have a new model coming out in April, the Smackdown Pro. It will be on my bow as soon as I can get one. No one beats the durability of these rests and their customer service is fantastic. My second choice would be a QAD or a Limbdriver.

You are right in that they are all great choices. I only have experience with the QAD HDX from your list. No complaints. 100% reliable for me.

I use the supplied taller TL1 launcher to maximize fletching clearance.

The rest is very quiet.

I like being able to let down without shooting and still have the launcher stay cocked. In order to remove an arrow, I simply give the thumb lever a flick to drop the launcher.

The inertia break keeps the launcher from bouncing.

The timing marks allow me to verify that the rest is in time every time I draw. I have the timing chord served into the buss cable to minimize noise.

If I had any criticism at all it would be that the clearance between my Hoyt riser and the horizontal adjustment is a little tight but the allen wrench is ground down for this purpose and works just fine. That is an issue with my bow, not the rest.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the replies guys! I like the fact that the launcher stays put once you let down on the QAD. Anyone know if the TT has that same feature. I didn't see anything on their website so i'm guessing it doesn't. I have a bowtech assassin... anyone know if the TT will fit it? I found a one for 65 on blackbearsportinggoods.com and will probably go that route if it will fit the bow. Gives me more money for other goodies :) Thanks for everyones help.

The trophy taker arm goes up as you draw and when you let down it goes down but have shot a QAD and not a ripcord and I like the trophy taker the best because you nock an arrow and draw and I just like it better when it is set through my cable. I believe it will fit on your assasin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom