new scope

cbryant11

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-06 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]well i finally got a new scope for my weatherby 30-378 its a zeiss 4,5-14 X 50 with target knobs,,,,cbryant
43f0028003ba6da0.jpg

That is sure a nice scope. In fact that scope costs more than more of the rifles that I own. What do you plan on sniping with that canon? That sure is a hell of a long range set-up. Hope it performs well for you. Jovan

well so far its just a paper killer,,, if i were to get drawn for anything i would use it,,,,but i would like to be able to shoot long range comfortably.,,,,,,cbryant

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-06 AT 08:02PM (MST)[p]its an awsome scope it will be freakin awsome on a 22-250 ,,,,,post some pics of it when you get it going please.........cbryant

43f68e1e5bbfbd77.jpg

Will do! I bought Leupold the leupold two piece base and high rings for it,I hope I didn't need super high rings.

When you mounted your scope did you tighten the rings to a certain torque? I read somewhere that the leupold tactical scopes required a certain torque value (inch-pounds) so that it could return to zero.I'm just wondering if the zeiss is the same?

beavis.gif

i didnt torque them,,, i didnt see anywhere it said to,,, i dont know,, i do know the leupold tactile scope is a 30 mm scope i dont know if that makes a differeence,,,,,,,cbryant

put a zeiss 4.5-14 x 40mm on my 300 weatherby ultra lightweight with talley one piece aircraft aluminum rings and I love it. How does your 30-378 shoot?

it shooting pretty good iam still trying to find the perfect load but its coming along,,, i have switched from the rl22 to 50bmg,,, 122 gr of 50bmg fills that big case up pretty good but its shooting the best,, i was using barnes xlc 180 grn but iam going to get some accubond and just give them a try with it,,,, cbryant

I just saw that Nosler is coming out with 165 gr. accubonds.....man you could get some velocity with those in your 30-378. You may also want to look at the new Swift Scirocco II's in 165 or 180. The 180 may give you some better accuracy as well as down range power (in terms of ft/lbs) than the lighter 165 gr bullets, you also get a higher BC with the heavier bullets of the two kinds. What would you conmpare the recoil of your weatherby to with the accubrak on? I put on on my 300 weatherb ultra lightweight and they are simply amazing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom