New South San Rafael Record

Trammer

I had the good fortune of hunting the South San Rafael in October. Jim and I took this 15 year old monster ram that is the new record for the unit.

1719jim_lundberg2.jpg

Trophy of a lifetime!

Savor the moment.

Congratulations, I will never be so fortunate.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13 AT 08:51PM (MST)[p]beautiful ram, congrads to the hunter on taking an ram that survived 15 years in the desert, including me putting a stalk on him in 2011, i can still see him in my spotting scope rutting up a ewe....all i can say is wow and WOW

Very very nice...lots of strength there. I'm sure you tallied up a score for us. :)

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13
>AT 08:51?PM (MST)

>
>beautiful ram, congrads to the hunter
>on taking an ram that
>survived 15 years in the
>desert, including me putting a
>stalk on him in 2011,
>i can still see him
>in my spotting scope rutting
>up a ewe....all i can
>say is wow and WOW
>
>
>
You know, if you're going to get retina burn, might as well be something worthwhile.

That's a smokin ram for anywhere in Utah, but especially impressive for that unit. Hopefully he passed on plenty of those hefty genes.
Congratulations on a ram of a lifetime.

Damn fine ram Trammer! Congrats guys!

Last night, I was just looking at a photo of treedagain's fine ram from the same unit. Darn good unit and a few guys will get to hunt there this year. The drawing season is upon us!

Man, I love sheep hunting!

Zeke

Not taking anything away from this fine ram... but looks like ##### Christensen still has the unit record @ 158 4/8
According ro this years harvest report the ram was 158 2/8

Just an unbelievable Ram, great job.
You not only took a giant, horn wize, Ram, but an OLD dude.

way to go.

Mike

I am not sure who the goober was that checked in the Lundberg ram. I saw the score sheet and he has the mass measurements all exactly the same as I did but missed the length by 2 inches resulting in a false score of 4 inches low. 2 inches per side.The scoresheet lists the length at 30.5 and it is 32.5 The Lundberg ram is 162 2/8th and it does beat Richard Christensens Ram by 4 inches. I have already apologized to Richard as I had hunted with him as well. Sorry for bragging but my understanding is that the 5 biggest rams from the South San Rafael have fallen prey to yours truly. According to my records they are: #1 Lundberg #2 Christensen #3 Hone at 156 6/8 #4 Allen 156 2/8 and Tolliver 156 0/8th. I may be wrong. I would be interested in seeing pics, score sheets or the ram of anyone claiming to have taken a ram over 156 from SSR.
There is a wide rang of scores posted and claimed because there is a wide range of people with varying degrees of skill checking in and scoring sheep. The DWR are official scorers at nothing.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-13 AT 10:16AM (MST)[p] i know a client of Randy Johnson took a 156 plus ram in 06, and a 158 2/8 ram was taken by a MM members uncle in 2010

i would like to see the pics of the rams you claim to have taken over 156, if nothing else it will breathe a life into this post

record for an individual unit? Really? It's come to this? Geez I wonder who has the record for the biggest prairie dog in the toole county prairie dog town?

> Geez I wonder
>who has the record for
>the biggest prairie dog in
>the toole county prairie dog
>town?

Have no doubt, it's either Trammer or X-treme.

Neither one though has established yet which of them has the longer penis.

Magpie, it is a huge unit that will likely never produce book rams for a variety of reasons but has produced as many rams as any unit in Utah.About 150 rams have been taken on the south swell and about another 150 on the north swell.With 300 horny curls to look at, who wouldnt want to compare. A giant ram for this unit scores 150. A 150 point ram in most states barely gets a grunt but in this unit is worthy of alot of back slapping and braggin. Desert sheep in Utah are what couse deer are to whitetails. Worthy of a separate scoring category. We can only dream that an official organization would take it up....I will look threw my pics and see what I have got

i made a formal request with the DWR, send me a email address and i can send it to you....if you send me some ram pics...lol

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Great Ram! He is a giant. I would shoot that ram on the first day of the hunt.So many SSR rams have the dark brittle horns. Its hard to find magnums like yours that are lighter horned with 14 inch mass, 30 inch plus lenght and drop low.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom