New Swaro Question??

N

nmhs

Hey guys I am not gloating here but I do have a question for you? 2 years ago I bought the 10x42 swaro's, This last october I purchased the 15x56 swaro's. I also have a 15x45x60 Nikon Fieldscope. Well my wife purchased the 20x60x65 Straight Swaro Spotting scope for me for X-mas. Out of the two Binos and the Spotting scope which would you use the most. I am thinking that having all three may not be necessary and then maybe necessary. Or I will sell the Nikon spotting scope. thanks a lot. Caleb

I'd say the Nikon is gone. As for which Swaro, I guess it depends on your hunting style and what you do most. Do you hunt various habitat types or do you concentrate in any particular area? If you are in close to mid-range, heavier covery situations often, the 10X42 has a better field of view and works for the initial sweep-and-locate. Also, if you're a backpacker, the 10X42s are lighter and easier to carry. But if you do mostly open-country, long-range spot-and-stalk, the 15X56s are nice and having binos is way easier on the eyes than a spotter.

Personally, I use 7X42s for the "once-over" spotting, then pull out the STS-65 scope for detailed viewing.

The key to all the higher powers is getting a good, solid tripod under them though.

Hope that helps

Caleb

I would keep all three of the Swarovski's. I am in AZ but hunt in other states, and have the same optics package that you have now. All three get heavy use, in fact there are many days I carry all three (sheep and Coues). If you decide that you want to sell one next year then it will likely be worth more than it is today!

Chris

I also have the same set up as you. I considered selling the 15 x 56's but changed my mind after my first season elk hunting. I learned that its nice to have the big binos and the spotting scope when you have two people. I use them both on tripods and the 10 x 42's stay on my neck. I'm getting very good at using all three and wouldn't dream of selling any of them. They all have their place. fatrooster.

Thanks everyone for you input, you helped me to make my decision of keeping all three! Caleb

Sale the Swaro 15's TOOOO MMEEEE... Seriously if you get decide to get rid of them I would be interested..

Jason

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom