New toy

Firedad

Finally made a decision
D3B0410A-E789-4B97-9D01-36C7C0D4B9B5.jpeg

Seekins Element 7mm PRC
Leupold VX6 4-24x52 tmoa
Vortex Precision Match rings
Banish 30 suppressor (bought in Jan, arrives when it gets here).

I’ve got 5 boxes of ELDM and 4 boxes of ELDX to shoot. Do most shooting ranges usually have chronographs so I can see what my rifles doing?

Just get one of these this is the bluetooth one and there is a regular model that is $20 cheaper or so, mount it on an old tripod. They are simple to use, sometimes finicky with lighting if it is bright sun at certain angles. They are accurate however.

New toys are fun. I hope this one shoots well for you. Looks like a pretty short tube, but that seems to be the trend right now.
For what it's worth, I don't think my range rents chronies.

Being a hunting rifle I’m going to get a three point sling or something like the kuiu rifle sling hook. Also I like a bipod for if nothing else to set my rifle on the ground but why there are so many pros and cons with each model without spending $600-800 is ridiculous. I’m thinking atlas though

Finally made a decision View attachment 105032
Seekins Element 7mm PRC
Leupold VX6 4-24x52 tmoa

I’ve got 5 boxes of ELDM and 4 boxes of ELDX to shoot. Do most shooting ranges usually have chronographs so I can see what my rifles doing?
That looks nice.

Really nice setup. Don't hold your breath on the suppressor. I have two on order since early November. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't see them till fall.

Yeah I figured I’d give it a year before I get excited about it. If it shows up when they said it would great but won’t count on it. 9 months is still better than some I’ve heard were told 90 days. What a joke.

Yeah I figured I’d give it a year before I get excited about it. If it shows up when they said it would great but won’t count on it. 9 months is still better than some I’ve heard were told 90 days. What a joke.
I was one of the guys that was told 90days. Obviously that has changed.
My son in law has the Element in 300 Win Mag. Sweet firearm!

Hmm they told you 90 days? That’s weird they made it sound like it was the other guys spreading that BS. They’re all full of it. Trying to get people to spend their money

Hmm they told you 90 days? That’s weird they made it sound like it was the other guys spreading that BS. They’re all full of it. Trying to get people to spend their money
Not sure what to believe, but in their defense I think it's probably the ATF that's dragging their feet the most.

I bought a Banish 30 from Silencer Central in May of 2022. It was approved by the ATF a couple weeks ago, and currently being shipped.

Anyway, SC has been very helpful and honest. They send e-mails every month or so with updates. Specifically, it will say something like "we're shipping suppressors that were ordered in March." So, if you ordered in May, you know you still have a couple months.

I also had the barrel threading done by the SC machine shop.

Can't wait for it to get here and get it to the range!

I bought a Banish 30 from Silencer Central in May of 2022. It was approved by the ATF a couple weeks ago, and currently being shipped.

Anyway, SC has been very helpful and honest. They send e-mails every month or so with updates. Specifically, it will say something like "we're shipping suppressors that were ordered in March." So, if you ordered in May, you know you still have a couple months.

I also had the barrel threading done by the SC machine shop.

Can't wait for it to get here and get it to the range!
Dang! I ordered mine in February 2022 and just got another email stating that my application is still being reviewed. Was also told it would only take 6 months but its been 13 months now

Dang! I ordered mine in February 2022 and just got another email stating that my application is still being reviewed. Was also told it would only take 6 months but its been 13 months now
Interesting. You paper file or e-file? The paper was running a little longer from what I could tell. Hope you get it soon.

Interesting. You paper file or e-file? The paper was running a little longer from what I could tell. Hope you get it soon.
E-file that's how the salesman from Silencer Central sold me on getting it approved and shipped to me in 6 months....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

E-file that's how the salesman from Silencer Central sold me on getting it approved and shipped to me in 6 months....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
13 months seems long for the e-file. Mine was about 10 months. Neighbor that paper filed in late 2021 was 15 months. Hopefully you get it soon. SC can give you a specific update if you give them a call.

I was one of the guys that was told 90days. Obviously that has changed.
My son in law has the Element in 300 Win Mag. Sweet firearm!
How is the recoil on that 300?The Element seems to have favorable reviews.Leaning that way over a Cooper 92.
Thanks

How is the recoil on that 300?The Element seems to have favorable reviews.Leaning that way over a Cooper 92.
Thanks
Not bad, especially for a 6 pound gun. I'm assuming it's a good muzzle brake that comes on it combined with a good stock design that makes it fairly tame to shoot. I think the Backcountry suppressor is going to make that gun a really nice setup.

Shot the Element today. Just to get on paper. 100 and 200 yards. Groups nice even though I rushed my shots. Looking forward to going out again and making a day out of it. Letting the barrel cool between shots and taking my time to shoot better. I’ll start gathering data for dope out as far as I have time for. I want to add a pic rail for my atlas prs bipod, any suggestions? The Seekins universal seems longer than it needs to be.

Decided to switch over to Arca so I bought the Area 419 Arca head for the bipod. I want the Area 419 Arca rail but looking for suggestions on length. 8” or 10”? Anyone have an Arca rail on their Seekins Havak?
DD7EB103-B188-4249-923F-C0494AC9E022.jpeg

Finally made a decision View attachment 105032
Seekins Element 7mm PRC
Leupold VX6 4-24x52 tmoa

Looks nice

Got the Arca rail mounted and swapped scope rings from vortex mediums to seekins lows. I’m liking the atlas psr bipod. Bought a mystery ranch sling and now to wait for the surpressor, sight it in , practice a bunch and she’ll be ready to go
ACE6AD88-AA8A-402F-ADE8-B1FFB351C729.jpeg

After two full days of shooting I have her dialed. Zero’d at 100 and verified data out to 965. By far the furthest I’ve shot. Starting out with the 175gr ELDX and once I’ve filled in a few gaps on this range card I’ll switch over to ELDM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom