New Use for a Foxpro????

SWINGBOW

My son and I are 1 tiny coyote for 14 attempts with the $500 Foxpro firestorm I bought. I'm trying to think of what else I could use it for.
1. Boat anchor (not heavy enough)
2. Wheel chock for my trailer (not strong enough)
3. To play music on (only if I want my favorite George Strait song to sound like Alvin and the chipmunks)

Our success rate with hand calls was about 1 in 4 sets. I thought I could increase that by going with an e-caller. We are going to the same areas as last year where we were doing well and I feel like we are doing everything right. Is there some magic button that I haven't found? I see other guys on forums that are calling in all kinds of critters. I've been using the factory pre-set sounds. Lightning Jack, Adult cotton tail etc...
Please!!! Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

SWINGBOW.... Sounds like maybe other guys have been calling in your area and they have (shyed up) to the distress sound, We had an area pegged out last year that had fresh tracks on top of tracks and scat every where and perfect calling conditions all day and we only saw and killed one tiny little mutt in a whole dawn to dusk session.

Try finding some other areas that might have less calling pressure and educated dogs which can be extremely hard nowadays that everyone and their brother has an E caller.

Good luck to you!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

1 to 4 id not bad odds!! You should have bought a Wildlife Technologies. I like mine! !

My guess is its the PRESSURE. My honey holes have all been called in Sept now. The sport is getting popular and the dogs aint dumb.

Try using the pup in distress!! When the rabbit in distress fails thats always my back up. I also had an Antelope in distress put on it and have had good success with it this summer. 3 dogs in 4 stands.

Fox Pros are the wost calls ever!! But I will give you $200 bucks to take that hunk of junk off your hands!! What state are you in? I would never ever buy a a Fox Pro caller!
Not even a Prairie Blaster with a built in decoy and LOL a fx500 remote.. ( retail $699) Talk about Junk every one toss your fox pro in the trash!! LOL LOL LOL

Send me a PM and I will let you know what works for me !!

There are sometimes in a season that I go days of hunting without calling in a coyote. Then there are days it seems like I can't do anything wrong and call a dog in every stand. You just have to be persistant and play the wind right. I have gone to spots that have been good and got skunked and then go to places that I have been skunked and get a coyote so you never really know until you try.

Good Luck

PS keep the FoxPro.

Your right. Being a nice guy, I'll send you a proper boat anchor in trade. To help a fellow hunter out...

e-callers are good at making sounds that we can not reproduce. Try using your call in ways that other e-callers are not. I think the dogs get tired of hearing the same old song and like a change up once in a while. garth brooks is good but not all the time and only garth. Try opening your set with a sound that is hard to reproduce like a magpie, crow, raven. this trick seems to settle the nerves of a educated dog or provides a fals confidence in them if you where busted on set up. give it a while then use your mouth call to give them that sound they have not heard. a lot of times i find when they do come in when i have used the bird intro they seem to have let there gard down and it is easyer to set up shot without getting busted.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom