new Wasatch unit?

fatherofthree

Sorry to be lazy, but I searched a few times and couldn't find it. Reading thru long posts on long threads is a pain. The search function needs to be improved here to avoid threads like this.

I remember during the debates about the 2011 new hunt structures somebody mentioned in a post that the Wasatch will be split with the West side being archery heavy.. Just wondering if anybody knows any more details about the discussion regarding this, such as boundaries and tag percentages etc. I know it's still ideas, but I'm just curious about the possiblities.

I totally thing the Wasatch is way too big and needs to be at least 2-3 seperate units, I was just wondering if anybody knew more.

Thanks

I think the wasatch needs to be left alone.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I agree the wasatch is way to big. I think something like the strawberry river or Highway 40 would be a good starting place to cut it down then have a north and south from there atleast. But I think alot more than just the wasatch need cut down, how about them general deer units?

>i wonder if NMPaul ever contributes
>any info or if all
>2000 of his posts say
>"I thought there was a
>UT forum."

2017 of my posts say "I thought there was a UT forum" :)

Just saying.

>I thought NMPaul was the MODERATOR
>of the NM forum.
>
>Whatta ya think of the Wasatch
>Paul? :)

I think for awhile I was applying for moose there. Now I am applying in North Slope Summit and have .06% chance of drawing (according to my own calculations) with my 10 points to kill a moose there.

I do know one thing. When I finally draw I will ask all about it in the General hunting forum. :)

Come visit the NM forum some time. We got a great bunch of guys there. Maybe Stinky can make up some info for you on the Wasatch.

Hardly anybody hunts the Avintaquin part of the unit. The country around Strawberry and West of there takes the bulk of the pressure. I think they should combine the Anthro and Avintaquin and make it it's own unit. Anthro could use a boost, and Avintaquin could stand a little more hunting pressure. Just one idea.

Dax

So far it's all talk and ideas. Nothing concrete that I know of. I would go for 2 units for elk (not 3) and 4 or 5 subunits for deer on the Wasatch.

It's always an adventure!!!

There was talk of splitting the Wasatch into 3 units for elk when the Elk Planning Committee was drafting the new Elk Management Plan, but it ended up be set aside for now. It made too much sense.

>Every LE unit is so big
>you could split them all
>in half.....
>
>Robb

Really? How about West Desert Deep Creek, Meadowville, North Cache, Paunsaguant, Filmore Oak Creek, or Pilot Mountain? :)

I get your point, and I agree that MOST limited entry units could be split into 2-4 subunits. In fact, I would love to see them the same as the antlerless units. Not sure how a unit like Dutton could be split into more than one unit though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom