new winchester .17 super magnum

Bought a Savage B-Mag a couple of months ago. Sighted it in. Put 5 shots in a target under an inch from a bipod off the ground. Not real fond of the B-Mag ##### on closing. I caught myself trying to close the bolt before it was all the way forward a few times. Its accurate. I know what the 17 HMR will do to rabbits, this should be more impressive. Also the ammo is really hard to find. I bought 200 rounds with the gun, that's all they had left, have not been able to find any more since.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-14 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]I thought about one but changed my mind. I decided if I was going to go with a 17, I would get the hornet. Figured I could reload cheaper and easier than trying to find ammo for the rimfire.

I like shooting it. It's my "take everywhere" gun. it just stays in the truck ready for action.

The bolt is a little hard to get used to but is much better quality than the older savage actions they use for the 17 HMR.

Good gun for the price.

Ammo is the issue. A neighbor boy bought one and he cannot find ammo. He's had it for 3 months and never fired it.
The only rimfire I'll own is a 22lr because I like to reload. I don't need a mental therapist because of reloading. It's so soothing! Lol
Zeke

Its hard to find ammo for. It is fun to shoot. I wish it was offered by another gun manufacture. The bolt and stock suck. It is good for 200 yards. PS Cabelas in Lehi had ammo for it yesterday.

The sharp edges on the magazine are also annoying. And the bolt configuration requires you to install high rings for the scope so the bolt clears the the scope. I like the cartridge and the rifle is accurate, but in hindsight I should have waited for Savage to come out with the C-Mag or B-Mag 2.0. Or waited for CZ or Ruger to make one.

Wally Mart had 4 boxes today $14.99 a box

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Cabelas has some 17 hmr on sale for 11.99 a box. The last few times I have been into the store here in Utah. They have had a shelve full of 17 hmr. But most of any rim fire ammo has been tough to find.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom