New World Record Buck

S

shedhornfreak

Has anyone heard of the new world record Buck scoring 322 with an inside spread of 40 inches?

Here he is "Sampson" the AZ Strip buck taken back in 2004 off the Legend of the Strip video. Very similar antler characteristics( 40" and 41" wide )...I'd say the 322" buck is definately the offspring of the 2004 298" buck. What do you guys who have seen this years buck think, Sampsons offspring or no??

48da9447683fc4bf.jpg

~Z~

Im guessing the bucks are brothers, and the dad is still running around down there.

yeah theres no way its a world record. its not even the new arizona state record. the state record is the "Murphy Buck" killed on the kiabab in 1943 it scored 324. its big tho.

Guys, these bucks were shot at least 40 miles apart.
I don't think they are releated. The 322 buck isn't a world record, but it is the highest scoring buck ever taken on the
strip.

ohh I thought you guys were talking about the buck that Elkcrzy1 posted. You know, the one he is so hung up over and BCboy shut him up over.

what do you know about the Murphy Buck taken back in 1943. Would you know of the current status of the buck the current owner and where he may be located or how I can contact him. I am putting together a book of the Top 100 B&C mule deer for both non typical and typical.

The only thing i know about the "murphy buck" is that it was taken on the kiabab in 1943 and it scores 324 The story of the buck was in a muleycrazy magazine. somebody must of called muleycrazy and told them the story so i would call up muleycrazy and they would probably have info about the buck.

those two bucks could be related. I have watched deer walk 2 miles to their bedding area from the hay field every morning and back to the hay field in the evening. that is 28 miles every week. Who says one of those bucks couldn't go across 40 miles of land.

hahahaha i have to laugh at people that dont know what they are talking about, the world record scores 355 2/8 there was a buck killed in arizona this year that scores 322 its no world record though

That's an absolute beast! You gotta give it up to the Muley Crazy boys, they know their stuff. Thanks for sharing the pic. Congrats to the lucky fellar that dropped that beast.

Like shedking says the world record is 355 so I don't know how 322 beats that, but B&C requires that the velvet be removed and there goes a bunch of inches off this buck.

Maybe you were talking Pope& Young? in any event real nice buck.

yes huntindude is right about them removing the velvet but it wouldnt score in pope and young anyways the guy killed it with a rifle, since he had the governs tag

>Guys, these bucks were shot at
>least 40 miles apart.
>I don't think they are releated.
>The 322 buck isn't a
>world record, but it is
>the highest scoring buck ever
>taken on the
>strip.

In all honesty 40 miles is not that far apart. The buck passes that gene on to another buck, to another and so on. Eventually deer move.

I think the average loss from stripping the velvet is around 5% and that would be 16". It may be one of the largest deer taken with a typical 4 point frame, by having great mass, width and lots of extras. It does'nt have the tree trunk with fifty 2' long points on each side. If I could draw my dream buck, Houdini would be it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom