New World's Record AK Moose?

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
New World's Record AK Moose?

I am hearing rumors about an 80"+ Moose taken near King Salmon Alaska that might exceed the current world record!
Check out the story and photo at the Alaska Hunting Forum.
www.outdoorsdirectory.com click on hunting,clickon forums

RE: New World's Record AK Moose?

Holy smokes.... That thing is HUGE

Big_Moose.jpg

Ivan

HUGE is an understatement...anyone else notice that it looks like there is a double palm on the right side? I'd like to see several other views of that bad boy.

Yeah it kind of looks like it has a folded or double palm on both sides... Its hard to tell just how big it really is due to the angle of the camera, either way its a monster...

I hear the wildmanlodge scored it a 265 and where being shipped to Conroe Taxidermy on Oct 1st.
I believe the current record is 261 5/8

How did they fly that out? That set of antlers are larger then the cockpit of the bush plane.

holy crud, that thing is frigin huge, im gonna have to get me one of them someday! Hey, hunterharry, did you get a buck up here in oregon this year?

Later Yall!!!!
deer.jpg

might give you a bitof an idea how those irish elk looked like way back when!

Later Yall!!!!
deer.jpg

AntlerKing,
You haul the rack out as an external load. You tie the antlers to the right hand wing strut(right hand to offset prop torque)...palm tips facing down...rack parallel to the airframe. Generally it's no passengers allowed with external loads.

Compare this one to Jay Link's Russian Bull!
Pictures can be decieving though!

THat thing is fricken huge!!! Dang....you'd have to have a heck of a lot of room to have that thing mounted in your house!!

My roommate (who doesn't hunt) told me that his uncle who works at the custom's office got to check out the new world record moose, but I don't know if it's this one or not. It was 83" and the antlers weighed 110 lbs. Can you imagine carrying that amount of weight on your noggin?

Also, who has a wall big enough in their house to fit that head mount on??? That moose is crazy big!

I'd mount it on the ceiling over my bed so I could stare at it every night as I fell to sleep

I'd never sleep. If I killed anything that big in my life, I'd be up every 10 seconds to pinch myself and then go look at it again.

WOW

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom