New Zealand

norby

Does any one have any information on Kanuka wilderness hunting in New Zealand? My brother and I had a little too much crown royal last night and bought a red stag hunt at our deer assoc. dinner. Any suggestions on what we should expect, or travel tips? We need to use the hunt before the end of July.

Thanks,
BT

you can't drive to New Zealand you know.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I have a friend that lives in New Zealand. He was over here working on a machine for a few months and when he went home a bunch of homeless women had moved into his house. He had to throw them out. He said they were fiesty.

>I have a friend that lives
>in New Zealand. He was
>over here working on a
>machine for a few months
>and when he went home
>a bunch of homeless women
>had moved into his house.
>He had to throw them
>out. He said they were
>fiesty.

That should help

Well, I'm not of any help either. I was at the dinner last night too. Earlier I was asking my wife about who bought the NZ hunt. Neither one of us was paying attention. A fellow sitting at our table bought the elk and antelope hunts. We had a good night we won two gun safes and a Tikka rifle. Hope your hunt turns out well.

Don P.

I believe Scottyboy has some NZed experience. I've spent about 9 months in New Zealand over the years but have yet to hunt there. It's the most beautiful country I've ever been to and has very friendly people.

Bean

Go earlier than July. You want to be there during the "roar" (rut.) Think of when elk rut in the states and subtract 6 months for being in the southern hemisphere.

>Go earlier than July. You want
>to be there during the
>"roar" (rut.) Think of
>when elk rut in the
>states and subtract 6 months
>for being in the southern
>hemisphere.
Too late for the rut, that took place in march/april.
June is like our December, july is like january.
Sounds like you bought a private land hunt, finding them won't be a problem.
If I were you I'd take up a Tahr hunt while there. The mane would be incredible in july.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom