New Zeiss spotter

azbow

Anyone compared the new Zeiss 85mm spotting scope side by side with the older one? Is the new one sharper or better in any way to justify the big $$$?

Same question here.

The old one has the same FL lenses, but not Lotutec lens coating which makes for easy cleaning. The old one also has the fine focus knob.

I'm not convinced that the minor (maybe VERY minor) gain in optical quality plus a rubber-armour is worth a $2k cash difference.

It prolly did, azbow.

I like the new Lotutec and Leica Aquadura lens coating not cuz they make rainwater bead........but cuz they clean very easily. Finger prints and smudges come right off with a simple swipe of a cleaning cloth. Very smooth lens surface.

I use one of the early 85mm Zeiss Diascope spotters. Dunno if I can be convinced to upgrade to the new Zeiss spotter. Rubber armoring plus a "wide-angle" eyepiece which prolly doesn't add much doesn't seem to be worth $2k. The prism and lenses are likely the same Fluorite ones I already have. I don't use a spotter that much anymore after buying a 15x bino.

I understand the new Leica spotter that has been out for 1+ year is a sales disaster cuz the optical gain ain't nearly worth the $$$.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom