Newbie Hunter from Wyo with Some Questions - Semi-permanent blind during season?

DaveFromCasper

Hi all. I am a Wyo resident and new to hunting. Grew up fishing a ton but never hunting. I just completed my Hunter's safety course and did not get answered a few questions that I hope you can help me understand. Many thanks in advance.

Question - I will be hunting backcountry public lands. Am I allowed to setup a semi-permanent blind during the hunt season? E.g., Rocks, branches, etc. I would disassemble it once my season is over. Is this sort of thing allowed? Is it bad decorum? TYIA. D.

Here's another question. My plans is to field dress and quarter any quarry. Is it appropriate to place the gutpile and leftover portions together off trail? Are there rules or recommendations for placement of the non quartered items? My plan is to harvest for meat so I am fine taking a doe. Is it okay to leave the head with the gutpile? Also, is it okay to leave the hide?

If your blind is all natural materials then I wouldn't worry about leaving it there or not. Only issue would be possibly another hunter using it. But no legal issues to be concerned with. And you don't even need to take it down after your hunt is over. The carcass that you leave behind is also a non issue because animals will have that all gone in a few days most likely.

Welcome to hunting Dave!

It's great that you are concerned about hunting ethics. Read through the regulations like jm77 pointed out. But if those are your concerns, I'm with Bob and say you have nothing to worry about.

There are BLM rules for blinds that you should read if hunting BLM. There are also rules for different types of public property (National Forest, etc.), and also sometimes specific rules by area. WG&F are not the only rule makers. Determine what type of land you intend to hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom