Newfoundland Sheep Tag!

jsc

My dad has a pending charge on his card for a Newfoundland sheep tag. We have never hunted sheep before. His hunt will be the second season. We have not been out there before so it will be an adventure. We are pretty excited and any advise on this hunt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Curt

jsc,
Read the "Stansbury Bighorns dying of old age a few posts down. There are several references to the Newfy hunt on that post.
That will get you started.

Being novice sheep hunters, I advise you to get some help from others that have a few hunts under their belt. There are plenty of sheep nuts that are willing to lend a hand. PM me if you wish.

Congratulations to your Dad.

Congratulations.
I can promise you that you will have a great time.

If you need info one places to start, photos of the type of sheep you can expect to see, or info about anything, let me know.

Check your private messages.

Go out a lot. By the time the hunt starts, you will know everyone with a tag.

As was said earlier, the Stansburry old age post kind of turned into a Newfoundlands post.

Lots of guys have had that tag. It should not be hard to find plenty of info.

That hunt can be whatever you want it to be. I recommend the ultimate sheep experience. Kind of depends on how fit your old man is.

72logo.jpg

Take a spare tire, or two! It's not a place you want to break down.

Never had a tag, but when I've been out there the sheep seemed plenty easy enough to find.

For as remote as it is, there have been alot of guys on that mountain, for a long time, and I'm i'm not talking just hunters.

You guys will have a ball out there. Start getting in shape, it's not killer terrain, but there is only one direction from camp...up.

I have seen many photos of nice rams, if I was in the sheep hunting game and not stuck on Moose I would love this tag. Hope to see some photos.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Where ya from? My wife drew the tag in 2011, and a friend drew one this year for the early hunt. I'll be meeting him in the near future to go over maps, etc. You'd be welcome to join us. I live near Ogden

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Wow, sounds like an awesome adventure! I have never hunted outside the US, but I am sure it will make for quite a memory.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom