News Will Break Here on Draw

m1fan

Very Active Member
I for one find MM my source for news on when the draw happens. Since it probably will happen this week, I check this forum often. We are a pretty good band of brothers here and once one person discovers the results are up, it is usually posted here rather quickly. Is there a better way or do you have the draw number on speed dial? Did AZG&F send an e-mail last year with the notification? I am guessing Friday.

I agree. It usually does not take long for the word to spread. I haven't gotten much work done between checking about 3 different sites and calling every hour. My boss hates this time of year!!!!

The draw will be april 1, Fools day ! And most of us are fools if we think we will draw an early tag. Sorry to say, but its true... At least I drew in Wy. takes some of the pressure off...

I WOULD SAY THE DRAW THIS YEAR SHOULD BE OUT THIS WEEK BUT IT MAY GO INTO NEXT WEEK. MY BROTHER'S CHECKS JUST CLEARED A WEEK AGO AND MINE WERE CLEARED 4 WEEKS AGO AND WE DROPPED THEM OFF TOGETHER..

>I for one find MM my
>source for news on when
>the draw happens. Since
>it probably will happen this
>week, I check this forum
>often. ...once one person
>discovers the results are up,
>it is usually posted here
>rather quickly.

Agreed. It's quicker to click on here every couple hours than looking through the G&F website.

Well I can tell you taht there were 40% less applicants this year as compared to last. This is according to Game and fish. They were expecting less applicants but in the 15 to 20 % range not 40, so I would say that the odds just went up and it might be a good year for all of us potentially.
Bugler

Now that is a serious drop!

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

40% down on apps?Oh come on that is all we need to read waiting for results.
Tick Tock Tick Tock....

where is this at?? 40% ??economy is rough but just look around at the sites right now they are buzzzing.i would guess 5-15% less someone said that one year and they were really up 15%.hope it this week i may break if i get wound any tighter!!! lol

come on come on!!!!
ajoe

I know that is what i thought when he told me, holy crap I got 5 bonus points for Elk and I put in for late season rifle tags this year, which I normally dont do but thought i would since I moved up right in the middle of units 1 and 27.
It isnt posted anywhere I work alongside alot of G&F people up here and pick their brains alot. So it isnt posted anywhere on the net maybe later i would expect but that was what he told me. See their salaries budget etc is made off of our license and tag fees every year so im sure it was of some pretty big news to them, (ie) the officers.
We get updates on our state budget every month, trying to cut costs as much as we can so im sure they get their updates as well.
He said they were expecting a shortfall on applicants but this was alot more than they expected. Might be a great year to draw. Wish I wouldve put in for that unit 10 archery tag this year. If I dont get drawn it wasnt meant to be i guess. We'll see. My wife hates this time of year too not knowing whether or not IM going to throw a party or be moody cuz i didnt draw a tag. Ugh. We will know soon. I will call the office tomorrow and talk to my buddy and see if they have any inclination of the process going through. They usually know something when the computers go down and they cannot run license checks, it usually means they are uploading the apps and the process is going through. Trust me Ive been doing this for a long time and every time i call they know what im calling about, I just have to take my apple pies to them as a bribe of sorts.
Actually they are good people in the office there and i appreciate them and the headaches they go through this time of year.
Bugler

40% down on apps. 12 points for unit 10 archery elk makes a guy want to go out and buy another new bow.Hey I have to keep telling myself it's going to take luck to draw so don't get excited until results are final.
Bugler keep us up-dated if you hear any new reports on when RESULTS might be hitting.
Thanks,now you just cost alot of us more sleepless nights and have given us bad work ethics checking the web all day.Ha
Good luck

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-09 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]I HEARD THERE WAS A 20 PERCENT DROP IN APPLICANTS BUT WHATEVER IT REALLY IS IM STILL HOPING FOR THAT ARCHERY GOAT TAG WHICH I HAVE 10 BONUS POINTS FOR.

Ah yes, I heard first hand today the infamous "I know somebody who knows somebody who works for game and fish and said the apps were down 40%."

How many years ago did they have record applicants? If they indeed drop 40% it will put draw odds at about what they were around the turn of the century or the late 90s.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

Someone on another post said "90% of percentages dont mean squat" Ive found that to be very true.

I heard that 50% of the 40% were non-resident, but that 30% of the resident drops were juniors and 37% were female. Now if you take the 40% in its entirety and figure out the gross percentage applicants in the top 10% of the pool did not apply, less the approximated 8% that will apply for points only, then there is about a 47% chance that the original 40% is 22.6% correct, I think.

sorry!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-09 AT 07:32PM (MST)[p]90% of the time 60% of the people are putting for a Hard to draw Tag taht only draws out 12% But 33.3% of the time it's a general hunt only draw that works,50% of the time, you can't draw anything because of the fact 90% of the people are getting ready for the 60% to put in for the hard to draw tags,That only get a return of 5% so it show you should even try to draw a tag. But you can Bet 100% of the time some-one will be making a dollar off you and me.
Any Questions.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

gator
what the f are you try to explain. It was like reading chinese.
only thing i got was that someone is making a dollar off you and me. You are right about that.
The draw is making some people crazy.

SREMIN why you bustin my balls here. I said I work along side alot of G&F officers and when they get theyre budget reports, dept news etc i think it is pretty reliable or as close as one can get i would assume since it comes from them first hand.
Now I did not ask if they were all nr that were down 40% it was just the statement he made so I assumed it was an all around count. Either way it is good.
Now I just dont know somebody who knows somebody. If you dont like the info I get thats fine, I just thought I would share what was shared with me. Guess info from the Dept area supervisors isnt good enough for anyone round here. So wait for the draw. Geeze
Bugler.

just draw already!!!!!!!!!!!!! or someones going too "CRACK" lol lol lol. do golfers get this jacked over their "could be" tee times....ba ha ha ha

Bugler,

Sorry, my statement had nothing to do with who you talked to. I was told by someone tonight that talked to someone at G&F. I'm not saying the info is bad. Was just making light of the whole someone knows someone that we all here about. But it was nothing personal against you and I wasn't trying to bust your balls.

Sorry.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

update..

for all you "insonmo's"like me the g&f message says we are having techno problems after you enter all your info? curious to why the 3 revolving messages???
just to add the the "head games" i guess???

I don't know if the 40% drop in apps is correct or not but it would not surprise me if it is true. Up front money, $168 dollars for a NN elk point, can't use credit card,add in the economy and it makes perfect sense to me. I hope that the state doesn't try to make up this years shortfall by raising NN prices next year. It wouldn't surprise me to see every banquet, dog show, church raffle having a gov elk tag to auction off next year. What do you want to bet that they do away with the paper apps next year also.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-09 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]For all the speculators, here are the TRUE #s on AZ apps. There are a mere few percentage points differences from 2008 and 2009 with slight increases in BP only apps.

Elk apps -- 81,212
Rejected -- 3,765
BPs only -- 6,262

Elk apps -- 79,056
Rejected -- 3,536
BPs only -- 7,174

Pronghorn apps -- 22,696
Rejected -- 998
BPs only -- 5,024

Pronghorn apps -- 20,883
Rejected -- 941
BPs only -- 5,876

Total Apps for both species

2008 -- 119,957
2009 -- 117,873

So it looks like about a 2 percent (just under 2,500) drop in total apps from 2008 to 2009.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

If you know so much, then when is the draw coming out? I call bs on your numbers. I do not think G&F is competent enough to have those stats so fast.

the true number off the G&F website for 2008 are:

Total apps for Ant=23277
Total Apps for Elk=84424

looks like you are off alittle TONY.

Way to smash our dreams Tony. Seriously, thank you for the update. You always provide up to date accurate info. Where did you find these stats ?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-09 AT 11:33AM (MST)[p]Tony

Thanks for clearing up the 40% confusion. You do know though that this information will be like Christmas wrapping paper once the results are posted. Everyone will be checking out your numbers and commenting on this and that, but when the results are posted (the wrapping is off), the info will not be necessary and just be thrown in the trash.

Great post though
264X300

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-09 AT 11:04AM (MST)[p]>>Total apps for Ant=23277
Total Apps for Elk=84424<<

Perhaps if you total the app and rejections I posted, you'll come close to the numbers you cited.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

AZDUke,
If the draw results are available to post soon, then these numbers Tony posted would also be readily known by G&F. It is the attitude that you express about G&F that prevents them from providing feedback on the forums and creates ill-will between us sportsman and the department that we should be working with, not against.

Doug~RR

redrabbit
i am sorry your post brought a tear to my eye. your so sweet. i feel like hugging a tree after your post and i love AZ G&F

OK so 2percent drop in apps total is taht what im reading? Whats the percentage of NR apps? Cuz I just put my name here on the line busted someone elses balls for saying he was bustin mine and im a little pissed.
If this is in fact the diff on the G&F news im gonna jump into one persons Arse in particular! I pray he wasnt gamin me cuz not only will i have to eat my humble pie I will have to once again admit im gullible.
I appologize for getting anyones hopes up, mine included. And an appology goes out to SREMIN, Brother im sorry.
Bugler

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-09 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]Not counting the people who applied for BP, the elk apps are down 2.8% -a lot less than the 27-40% being tossed around the net.

Wonder which groups(R, NR, bull, cow, youth, archery, rifle?) had the greatest reduction.

Tony,
thanks for that info..wow thats alot if rejected apps.i figured even with the economy slow like it is they would not dip to 40%.

now come on a spin that wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-09 AT 10:47AM (MST)[p]maybe you are whitetail master or not.
I do know you are not an accountant. Rejected app do not make it into the draw. So that are not count in the draw stats.
YOUR NUMBERS ARE BS AND RUMORS, NOT FACT.

>The numbers came from AZ G&F.
>And no, the figures are
>not publically available yet.
>
>TONY MANDILE
>
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

>How To Hunt Coues Deer

So tell me Tony, if these are from G&F and not public yet then who gave you permission to post? Are you putting someone else in jeopardy or yourself by posting "non-public" info?

Not questioning your data as it seems to be inline with the trends even though we were all hoping for a larger % drop in apps, but why post that data when there could be some consequences, even if it is just that you loose your source because you let everyone here know????

Rackem

489f6a687e21e4e4.jpg

INTERVIEW WITH GOD
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

>>So tell me Tony, if these are from G&F and not public yet then who gave you permission to post? <<

Not sure why what I post is your concern, but thanks for looking out for my well-being anyway.

I got a special dispensation from the Pope to post that top-secret data.

I doubt there will be a contract put on me. And I shouldn't "loose" (sic) my source either. Just don't tell anyone, OK?

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-09 AT 11:54PM (MST)[p]>Not sure why what I post
>is your concern, but thanks
>for looking out for
>my well-being anyway.
>
>I got a special dispensation from
>the Pope to post that
>top-secret data.
>
>I doubt there will be a
>contract put on me. And
>I shouldn't "loose" (sic) my
>source either. Just don't tell
>anyone, OK?
>
>
>TONY MANDILE
>
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

>How To Hunt Coues Deer

Wow, I didn't expect such a response from you. You got me there using the wrong word "loose" instead of lose. Good catch there from the outdoor writer. Thanks!!!

If what you post is not my concern I'm assuming that it is no one else's concern either. So why even post??? Kind of like why do you keep printing your book???

And it is my concern and everyone else who comes on MM. It's people like you who have an 'in' that make the draw seem like such a scam. Did you draw your bull tag??? Just would be more proof of corruption.

And back to the book. When are you going to quit riding Duwane's coattails? For someone who likes to think of himself as a Coues authority I don't think I've seen any animals to back that up. If Duwane posts here maybe he should use the book in his signature and you can change your's to "Writer looking for work"

I guess I could hire you to proofread my posts prior to posting to help us both out. I kind of feel bad for writing this and always thought I would just leave it alone, but with your continued arrogance I just couldn't help myself. Have a great weekend Tony..........

Rackem

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-09 AT 00:07AM (MST)[p]Tony
Its funny because people in here look at you as this great something. Then you have to Mock the Pope. I found it offensive that you would mock catholicizm like that. As a writer you should be careful about what you post and your views. I will never buy one of your books. You are a real piece of cake in my eyes. I hope you burn in hell.

>>Wow, I didn't expect such a response from you.<<

I generally ignore internet trolls but made an exception in your case.

>>If what you post is not my concern I'm assuming that it is no one else's concern either. So why even post??? <<

Obviously my reply confused you. So I'll make it a bit clearer. It was a subtle way to tell you that where I get my information, who gives me that information or permission to post it or not is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. If consequences arise, they are mine, not yours. (NOTE: It's "yours" not "your's." Possessive pronouns need no apostrophes.)

I imagine quite a few members here appreciate the information I provide. Anyone is free to read the post, ignore it, agree with it or disagree with it.

>> If Duwane posts here maybe he should use the book in his signature and you can change your's to "Writer looking for work"<<

Again, I appreciate your concern for my well-being, but I have all the work I need, thank you.

>> Have a great weekend Tony..........<<

You too, I'll be heading to Mexico for a week to catch a few bass.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Hey guys, can we stay on topic here?

Back to the great state of Arizona.... I wish they would post the results online, the phone thing is a joke.

That is why I posted this crap because everyone was throwing out numbers and I can throw them out with the best LOL.

90% of the time 60% of the people are putting for a Hard to draw Tag taht only draws out 12% But 33.3% of the time it's a general hunt only draw that works,50% of the time, you can't draw anything because of the fact 90% of the people are getting ready for the 60% to put in for the hard to draw tags,That only get a return of 5% so it show you should even try to draw a tag. But you can Bet 100% of the time some-one will be making a dollar off you and me.
Any Questions.

NOW I DIDN'T DRAW A ELK TAG, With only a 34 % chance to draw.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom