Next Never Enough Big Game

C

COarcher

Does anyone know when the next Never Enough Big Game will be coming out. I thought there was supposed to be a volume 4 coming out in 2007?

Wilderness Athlete Performance Nutrition
"Because the most important piece of equipment you own... is you!"
http://www.wildernessathlete.org/

I know that the Glassing DVD was not Volume 4.

I haven't heard an eta on volume 4 yet. Maybe after prism get's some time he will let us know when Vol. 4 will be out. I know he has been super busy the last little bit. Probably shoveling all that snow on his driveway up in Heber.

It will be cool to see his moose and elk hunts for sure.

www.VIPoptics.com

"When You Deserve The Very Best"

How much snow is there over in heber. i havent been over there since call. More then over in vernal?

-Cody AKA BigBuck92

I was hoping V-4 would be out mid-Winter to help with this Cabin Fever!

Dang the luck....

Maybe Prism is down at the Shot Show in Vegas...

Robb

We've started work on the next DVD. I'm guessing it should be done by late spring to early summer.

I was happy to get 2 finished last year with Vol. 3 and the glassing DVD.

I'm not sure if the next DVD will be Vol. 4 or Vol. 1 in a new series.

I'll keep you posted.

As for the snow in Heber. I've never seen anything like it.........

Prism,
First off, let me say I have enjoyed all the Never Enough hunting videos I have watched. However that glassing video left a lot to be desired. Now I did not write this review below. I found it on another site, but I would say for the most part I agree with most of what is said. It's a little brutal, but there is plenty of truth in it.

REVIEW:
"So, it's the week before Xmas and I'm wandering around the aisles at Sportsman's Ho-house, picking up a few last-minute nylon-stocking stuffer items for my hunting friends. I see a nicely packaged (80 minute) DVD on "Glassing, Secrets to Sucess" and figure I'll treat myself to this $12 DVD.

Arrrrrrrghhhh !! (and no, that's not my best Pirate immitation) ... it's my reaction to feeling like I've been ripped-off, by a worthless DVD in a "pretty-package".

Watching it was actually painfull. Couldn't they find someone who was articulate, to do the narrative ? This poor guy does so many "Uhmms" and pregnant pauses, that I began to think he's related to Brittany Spears little-sister. Surely the post-production editing should have eliminated the bad takes and bumbling commentary.

This whole DVD was simply a big pimp (and pump) for the Vortex line of binos and spotting scopes. While I've never used any of the Vortex optics products, I did visit their web-site, only to see that they highly tout the fact that their binos supposedly won a best-of-the-best award from Field and Stream. Wow ... maybe these Vortex binos really are better than a weekend in St. Thomas with Halley Berry. So I visit the Field-n-Stream site, only to find out that the supposed Great-Bino test, only included samples from 4 other competitors (Bushnell, Burris, Steiner, et-al) and no examples from Sawro, Zeiss or Leica. Hmmmm (best of the "Best" ?) .... me smells the proverbial week-old dead fish here. Maybe the fact that the DVD was produced by "Never - Enough" productions, should have been the first clue.

Oh, and the big "Secrets" from the footage ... which fill-up (maybe) the last 7 minutes of the video ... Don't skyline yourself ... sit on something comfortable (in the shade)
and scan slowly ... (in my best Homer Simpson voice): "Well DOH" !!

This DVD should have a warning sticker ... "Caution - If purchasing this DVD, you're about to get ripped off"."

Paul- I have not seen the Gassing DVD but the other videos in the series were great, in my opinion. I like the fact that you are a "normal" guy and you come across the same problems in hunting situations that we all come across. Hunting is not always spotting a big buck, putting a sneak on and then harvesting the animal. We all know it doesn't always work that way. Yet, most of the videos that have been put out over the last 15 years display that. I just wanted to say you've got great videos and you will not be able to please everyone. Keep doing what you are doing.

Ship that free Volume 4 DVD to 890 Foxenwood Dr., Santa Maria, Ca. 93455!! HaHa

Steve

Steve,

+1

Paul,

I too have never watched the glassing DVD but as far as the other videos are concerned, not only do I own all three but I watch them on a regular basis. Of all my hunting DVD collection this series is about the only one that I can stomach watching more than once. I would say on average I watch 1,2, or 3 at least once a week and love it as if it was the first time watching it.

With that being said I can't help but comment on what was posted earlier, it is hilarious how a person can be so extremely critical yet doing so from behind a computer screen. My point is that it would be easy for a person to critize one's work while having absolutely nothing to show for their own. If the glassing dvd was so horrible I would like to see this person produce a dvd that could keep even the most seasoned hunter/spotter entertained. Like I said I have never seen the video myself as I like to think I am pretty good behind the glasses but it would seem to me the dvd was geared for the amateur or the guy that is coming out west for the first time and has not a clue what it means to truely SIT AND GLASS.

With that being said, keep on keeping on and I can't wait for the new DVD!

im sure Paul has been around long enough and wise enough to take all feedback in a positive manner. As stated above you cant please everyone. i havent seen the glassing DVD either so i wont even comment on it. i know that i enjoy feedback on things that i do, especially the negative feedback. all that being said, some of the feedback stated above was a little brutal and could have been put a little more eligantly, but when you stick yourself out there you have to expect that sort of thing.

paul, you do a great job. roll with the punches.

travis

What the hell Blackhead!?, You've already tried to pull this once, now again? Please!? Its obvious you've got something personal against Paul, we can all see through your crap, don't need to try'n pull this shady stuff here.

So far three comments from people that haven't seen the "glassing video" but all three have opions about the critique. Not much validity there, is there? Don't take that statement personal, just stating fact. If you'll read my original post I said I like the Never Enough hunting videos. I'll even go so far to say they are some of my favorite videos, but the glassing video is a stinker. Heck, I love women too, but I wouldn't even waste a fart in Rosie O'Donnell's direction. In other words all things are not created equal.

ForkWest, that's real cute, name calling. Didn't they teach you last year in 2nd grade that it's not nice to call people names. Just out of curiousity what do you mean I've tried to do this before? Considering I rarely post here you're talking awful loud and proud.

Blackdeath- It is possible that it was forgotten that in your post you said that you didn't write the review. It is noted. Gotta admit, though, the review was a bit brutal.

Steve

Wizard, I agree with you 100% it is brutal. I didn't write it, but if one looks past all the flowery writing and focuses on the legitimate gripes the writer stated such as the following facts:

1. Vortex optics were not compared to any optics that would be considered industry standards by any stretch of the imagination.

2. The narration left a lot to be desired. It is indeed full of Uhmms and pregnant pauses. Down right irritating at times.

3. Lastly, the "secrets" shared mostly at the end of the video are silly at best to all but maybe a total greenhorn. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that his main target audience is likely not the "greenhorn" audience, but rather experienced hunters, like many on this site.

Now I may not agree when the author says that buying the video is a way to get ripped-off, but I will say I wouldn't recommend spending money on it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-08 AT 03:20PM (MST)[p]BlackDeath,

Like I said, I have not seen the DVD, in fact let me clarify my post. It wasn't directed to you, I did read in your post that the review was not written by you, I acknowledged that, I was simply expressing my opinions about whomever wrote the review that you posted.

I will assume, as I am not Paul, that his DVD was directed to the "greenhorn" as many are self-proclaimed masters at any and everything that revolves around hunting. From my travels in the woods each and everyday I have had first-hand experience with countless "masters" that do in fact need a "greenhorn" DVD to teach them a thing or two about glassing, and many other things for that matter!

In closing I guess the point of my post was simply if one doesn't like something, instead of expressing their views in a demeaning and poor fashion, why don't they put their money where their wide-open hole is and produce something better! (that is a whole other topic at this site in and of itself IMHO of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I am sure that Paul is a big boy and can handle critizism, it was just my opinion that whomever wrote the review could have geared himself more towards constructive critizism instead of just down right bashing on a guy that typically produces some of many of our favorite dvd's!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-08 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]bigmuley wrote:

"I too agree with some of what you wrote, I can only assume (contrary to you), as I am not Paul, that his DVD was in fact directed to the "greenhorn" as everyone on MM is a self-proclaimed master at any and everything that revovles around hunting."

That actually made me laugh out loud. I can't top that statement so I won't even try.
Thanks!

ForkWest,
I can see how you would think what you do, but until you posted that link I had never seen that thread before. Like I said I don't post here all that often, which also means I don't hang out here all that often either. Has something to do with people that find so many things funny...

I'm not surprised I posted the same review as that other person as it was posted on a popular site (24hourcampfire.com). I agreed with the author for the most part and his writing skills are better than mine. He wasn't wrong in his critique, perhaps his presentation was brutal, but he did not make any false statements. ForkWest, just for record, every thing, and I mean every thing you have said in regards to me is a false. You should try and get your facts straight before you go spouting off. Heck, facts nothing, try to get at least "one" fact straight before you spout off. Otherwise you look just like a magnified jackazz. Then again I don't know you, maybe you are.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-08 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]I'm sure there is more information on glassing and optics in the glassing DVD than anything produced thus far from anyone.

It is not the most action packed DVD out there. It's not a hunting DVD, there are no kill shots, no intense fast-paced editing. But, I believe there is a lot of information, not only for somebody just getting into optics and glassing, but also for those of us that think we know everything.

It is not a Vortex sales pitch. It can be applied to any and all optics.

Personally, there are a lot of things I think I could have done better with each and every DVD. Instructional DVDs are difficult to do, especially to keep them entertaining for over an hour.

If I could have found a DVD like this 10 years ago, I'd have gladly paid a whole lot more than this DVD costs. Shoot, if I could have found one a year ago I would have been happy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd challenge anyone in the industry to put out a better one.

Paul you gonna be selling vids at the show this weekend? I'd like to pick up an extra copy of 2&3 for gifts. Plus I wouldn't mind meeting you!

Hey Paul,
I haven't seen the glassing video either but I really like your other ones and I own all 3. I just wanted to say that I have gotten into video editing and what Paul does IS NOT EASY. If any of you out there have ever tried to film and edit any kind of hunting video or hunting information video it is TOUGH. And if you are SO CALLED experts on glassing why are you buying a video about it. Shouldn't you be making your own videos to teach all of us everything you know?@!#
Anyways Paul keep up the good work!

P.S. Paul, I work with a guy from Heber that is good friends with one of the guys you went to Mexico with and it sounds like you had a great time. My dad just got back from there and killed two muleys and a coues deer.

WEll...hell...reads like I am going to have to go from the V-4 NE to putting the Glassing DVD on my V-Day wish list now that all this has come about.

A guy wants to be supportive of a local kid like Prism that has entertained all of us for many years.

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom