Nice Upgrade Founder

Love the face page that some nice stuff.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Please move the ad's to the right side and give us an option to reduce the size of the screen it takes up. The smaller portion is harder to read on a laptop!

Just a small change really. I didn't want to change up too much. Not quite done yet.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I doubt any of the PLICKS or DickWeeds are gonna like it!

They got their own little Click!

It's kinda like watching a Nationwide Race,Too FRICKEN many Commercials!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Hey Founder,stop being a tightwad and upgrade to UBB...lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Someone should tell Kilo the secret to change it back to classic mode...

~Z~

PS...I recently changed my signature because I want you to all know I think you're a
7518dickweed.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-12 AT 01:20PM (MST)[p]Sorry, I have to go with Kilo and the other guys in that now the screensize is so downsized for the Forums and the font in the posts is downsized where it is getting too small. I would prefer that the advertizing on the left be removed so we can get back to a full width screen and it's now also much harder to shift from one Forum to another. As for never_catch, it looks like since calling me that last night that he's fallen in love with his new "weed", LOL!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-12 AT 06:58PM (MST)[p]I'm still toying with it all.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

>I'm still toying with it all.
>
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com

Careful! you'll go blind...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I don't like the deer staring at me either, they look photoshop plus the right one has a close eye on every word I type..would be more rad if it was a natural scene with deer in it.

Just my two cents.

I really like the perpetually diminishing font. Some guys simply type so much that their post length should be reduced or cut off altogether.

Zeke

PS: I wish I had sole control to nuke some of the idiot posts. That would be an upgrade!

Zeke stated:

PS: I wish I had sole control to nuke some of the idiot posts. That would be an upgrade!

You could start your own site, ban me, and all your problems would go away Zeke, LOL!!!

Nah TG,
I actually like and respect you a ton. We just have a different opinion on a thing or two. We understand that the only way to communicate is the "high" way! There are some I'd nuke though.

Keep up the good work!

Zeke

looks good...maybe downsize the adds a bit, other than that good job

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Yep, it looks good! If the Forums just weren't pinched in so much to the right side of the screen by that big add, it would be great, but I'm getting used to the new look quickly.

I understand about the ads, but until I start crapping hundred dollar bills, they need to exist. BTW, although it will hurt, I would be happy to crap rolls of one hundred dollar bills even.
When we get there, I'll turn the site over the Bessy and Stinky. LOL

Seriously, I will look at going to a more narrow ad on the left side, but...........

AND finally, I'm still working on little issues here and there.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

About the only thing the old site needed was user options...I see there still aint any..IE,an avatar so we dont have big azz sig lines,watch user, upgrade PM box,watch thread,user post's so you know where you've been..

Hate it. Way too hard to see what we are really here for. The pop up adds that block everything out suck. I'm visiting the site less, because of the changes.

Treedagain said:

>How to start an argument online:
>
>1. Express an opinion
>2. Wait

+1 Bro! You're correct.

We all have an opinion and some know how to share it and others act like a 2nd graders who lost his toy.

Zeke

So those popup ads aren't just something my computer started having problems with huh? I forgot about them! I'll get used to the way it is, but truthfully I'm with a lot of the other guys on liking the old way better.

Is it April Fools already?

This reminds me of government; if its broke fix it. If it ain't, fix it til it is.

Bring back the old format...

While those are some handsome creatures looking around the corner at me, they are very distracting. I understand the need for more adds, but find a balance.

I understand the need for adds but good hell dont cram it down our throat! its way too busy and the pop up adds suck. Tone down the adds!

TopGun said,
?I'll get used to the way it is, but truthfully I'm with a lot of the other guys on liking the old way better.?

Hey TopGun, I thought you were a lot tougher than that! What the heck happened to the Mikey I know that easily and spontaneously overcame and adapted?? Seems I recall you were witnessed adjusting to a situation with your quick and keen resourceful imagination with a Wal Mart bag and had no complaints, What gives, you getting old? Ha ha ha LMAO!!

Brian, nice work but I have to agree with some here that the ads are a little too wide. I don't mind them where they are just if they were cut down a little more leaving more room for the forum. Another suggestion might be to move the ads to the other side. It might help to like the forums in the left hand side and ads on the right. Just that little change may make a big difference.

GBA

GBA---How much do you want to squash that bag story for good? That was supposed to be our little secret, LOL!!!

TG, Hey, I let it go for over 6 months but you just had to leave yourself wide open! Besides, a mutual friend was twisting my arm! oh and please don't squish the bag in camp! Ha ha ha? LOL

GBA

I just talked to the "mutual friend" last night. Wait until I talk to him again. He might pay by carrying all of the next bull he shoots out by himself, hehe!!!

I think it is def an upgrade from what was here before. The ads were here before as well, just in different places. This site wouldn't be here if it weren't for ads. Running and maintaining a site like this is expensive. It will just take a bit to get used to. I feel like the forum is too far to the right, but I'm used to looking center screen. Overall an improvement though.

WYmoose

wymoose---I guess I have to agree and if I say much more on here GBA might be back and out me completely, so I'll shut up and be happy, LOL!

Why Why Wasn't wrong with the old page this sucks.the is so small i need different glases.I Hate Change.cowboy57

I think it looks good. Much more modern appearing and feels professional. Ads are part of the internet and put food on the table. Put 'em where you want. If you are going to do anymore fooling around, maybe you can find a way to hide certain forum members.

I don't like the new format, the reason I liked this site in the first place was it's simplicity. At least the forum pages are still easy to get to.

If the change is to keep advertisers happy, why are you wasting half of every page for a brown background with two buck pictures??? If you remove this new background you have twice as much space to use for ads or the forum page. Shaking my head..... There are enough buck pictures to view on the site, don't need them taking up 50% of every page. Please explain Founder.

LBR

Guess I am going to sound like a broken record, but move the advertisers to the RIGHT SIDE OF PAGE. I, along with others find it anoying having to drag the forums over to the right to view and read along with replying to threads. With them in that order there would be no need to drag to read and/or reply.

That's my nickle on this new format and what I think of it.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

20% of visitors view this site at 1024 pixels wide or less, so the site was set at 1000 pixels wide. The deer you see on the sides is a background image, nothing more. I thought about just a solid color, but kind of liked the monster muleys on each side. You know, cause of the site being called monster muleys and all.

I've been thinking over the past couple of days of increasing the width of the site another 200 pixels, or 20%. It would mean that 20% of site visitors would need to scroll right to see some content though. Not sure about that. Scrolling side to side REALLY sucks, more than seeing large chunks of background image as some of you are seeing.

As for ads in place of the deer on either side, I may very well pursue a sponsor to there. I don't know.

As far as complaining that there are already enough buck pictures on this site, you're crazy. There can never be enough!!! When people visit this site, I want them to feel surrounded by big bucks, big bulls, etc. When someone looks at this site, I want them leaving with an incredible desire to go hunting.

Anyway, if you've read this far into my post, then you must be really bored. Ha Ha Seriously, I'm still kicking around thoughts on the look of the site. I've heard LOTS of opinions, and they're all over the place, so..........

The fact is, the main content portion of this site is larger now than it was before. The width increase allowed for wider ads, but wider main content area also. Proportionally however, the ads did increase because I moved them from the bottom of the page to the side.

Fact is, the ads are needed. And not only needed, but needed in a manner that visitors see the them. Without the ads, I would have to get a job and shut the site down. I need the visitors of this site to see the ads, and hopefully consider purchasing product or service from the advertisers. It's that simple.

Look at this, I just wasted 10 minutes explaining all this stuff to you all when in the end, many still won't understand or care. If you read this far into my blab session then you're on this site for the wrong reason anyway. You should be here to talk and think about big bucks and bulls, and hunting, and all that. NOT to discuss the size of ads, and what's on the side, and all that crap. I do the best I can to make this site the best I can with my limited resources (financial and otherwise).
Yes, I have heard people say, "well can't you just do this or that like Facebook". Do people not know that Facebook has about 3,000 more employees than MonsterMuleys.com and probably a ZIG ZILLION more dollars. Of course I want the greatest site on the planet, but such a thing doesn't come out of thin air.

So that's that. Now I'm at 15 minutes of the day wasted. LOL I gotta get work done.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Being retired with plenty of time to look at all the bucks an bulls, I also had time to read your ENTIRE post! I was bascially negative on the new format and was of the "when it ain't broke" mentality, but I've already adjusted to the new format and, by golly, I'm still alive and breathing. Keep up the good work because between this site and the OYOA that Randy runs, you guys are the best out there, bar none! Good luck on into the future, as I sure don't want you to have to go to work for a living!!! Just kidding!

Founder,
It's late and I am bored, but I read your response because you took the time to write it and I was genuinely interested in your response. I hadn't considered the fact that others view the site differently than I with pixels count / screen size differences. That said, I'm not sure why you'd cater to a 20% minority rather than the majority but perhaps the size/pixels are all over the map and 20% is the majority. Funny enough, my original reply was from my work computer and here on my iPad I don't see the deer background.

I certainly didn't mean to "complain" there were too many buck pictures on here, I think the two bucks on the screen were really starting to get on my nerves at that point. I love the buck pics and the more the better!. The ads don't really bother me, they don't get in the way and they're necessary to keep the site alive....plus there's some great advertisers on here, some with discounts for MM members.

I completely understand and appreciate your response. It may seem trivial but the format of the site is a huge reason for the number of visitors and I'm glad it hasn't changed drastically. Thanks for the feedback and thank you for this site!

LBR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom