Nightforce Rifle Scopes

pugs

I am in the process of installing a Nightforce G7 5.5-22x50 rifle scope on my Christensen Arms 300 RUM. Do any of you own or have experience with a setup similiar to this? What are your thoughts? Any suggestions,recommendations, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pugs

If you don't know how to mount that scope to that gun, you are in way over you head.

centerfire, I guess I should have been a little more clear. After much research I am having Redrock Precision set up my rifle for me. It did not take much research for me to determine that I should have the pro's do it. I would be in way over my head. Thanks for the info.

Pugs

What suggestions, recommendations, and tips specifically are you looking for?

You mounted one of the heaviest scopes out there on a light weight rifle. The are awesome scopes though, especially if you're into turning knobs.

I had red rock set up my rifle last year and it was a great shooting rifle. This year I'm in the process of setting up a custom RUM with a G7. You will love it! I can't wait to wrap my grubby hands on her!

"You mounted one of the heaviest scopes out there on a light weight rifle."

This is what I could not understand.

Wish you luck, hope you're happy.

I have heard, a guy has to build at lest five rifles to finally get it right.

Remember, you are the one that has to be happy.

Wish you luck friend.

I was looking to buy a Nightforce and saw they're coming out with new reticles that they match up with your bullet's ballistics. Hopefully they come out soon so I can get one and have it ready to go by the time hunting season rolls around...

One dryboot, thanks for the encouragment. I hope you are right. Centerfire, I hope I don't have to set up 5 rifles before I get it right. I am already a poor man andhave been saving my pennies for this for a long time. I already had the christensen arms rifle and have shot it for about 6 years and only felt confident out to 550 yards and so I wanted to put the best long range scope I could find on it. I am really not concerned about the weight since I always seem to be packing plenty of extra around. Hopefully with a lot of practice I can make it work.

Pugs, for a long range rig I prefer some weight.

Just use a bullet with a high BC, A-Max, VLD are nice and the Nosler A/B. 200 class bullets in your 300 will work the best out past 500 yards.

You can get a custom turret for your Nightforce scope from the Davidson Brothers.

Again, Best of luck

Centerfire, redrock precision is setting me up with a custom turret. They are also putting a new custom stock on for me which will add some weight. I really appreciate your advice. Night force is also coming out with a new rangefinder that will use an sd card to download all your custom ballistic information and convert it to match your turret no matter what elivation you are hunting. Thanks again.

Pugs

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-11 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]Sounds like you and Dry Boot
should exchange numbers if you havn't already. :)

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Love my Nightforce on my Mark V .300wby!
Definately got more scope that i have gun, and more gun than i have in me!
Sure makes popping milk jugs at 700yds a tad easier ;-)

Slam, sure you can pop a milk jug at 700, what about a prairie dog?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Sorry I don't know what MOA base is going on the set up. I pick up everything this week from Red Rock Precision and will ask them and I will let you know.

Long story. I just know of a couple people who have had Christensen Arms rifles that were not any where close to being as accurate as their 1/2 MOA guarantee. One of them was their top of the line Carbon One Custom and the owner ended up sending the rifle back and got a refund. Everything about the rifle was awesome except the accuracy, which is one of their main clames to fame. Just a personal experience.

I might add, it took a lot of time and effort for the guy to get his refund. Most notably, he had to threaten to drive to Utah and kick some A double S to get his money.

CA makes lots of claims that turn out to be BS,my cousin had them setup a 7mm rem SM for him,my off the shelf Rem 700 BDL outshot it,regardless of the shooter,now it collects dust in the back of a closet.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-11 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]I guess I am one of the lucky few. I shoot less then a 1/2 inch group and have no regrets. Absolutely love it and would buy another one in a minute.

>Isnt this one of those online
>dating- hook up sites?

Hell yes it is! I have your number and I'm a little jealous that you're sharing it with others! LMAO

Maybe you won't want me in your sheep camp after my stupid comment!

We STILL need to go pop a cap. I loaded some 200 AB in my daughter's 300 win mag for her elk hunt. Good, heavy, high BC. Should work well for her 35 yard shot! haha

Zeke

>>Isnt this one of those online
>>dating- hook up sites?
>
>Hell yes it is! I have
>your number and I'm a
>little jealous that you're sharing
>it with others! LMAO
>
>Maybe you won't want me in
>your sheep camp after my
>stupid comment!
>
>We STILL need to go pop
>a cap. I loaded some
>200 AB in my daughter's
>300 win mag for her
>elk hunt. Good, heavy, high
>BC. Should work well for
>her 35 yard shot! haha
>
>
>Zeke

Zeke, your still welcome in camp but your sleeping in your own tent! Give me a few weeks and I'll be ready to shoot!

At what range?Lessn than half inch would be a 1 ragged hole,have some pics to back this up?

Pugs That is a great scope and you will love it. Just curious what bullet are you shooting in the 300RUM? I know CA loves Hornday but Id strongly recommend the 200gr Accubond or 210VLD.

Nonaymt, needless to say I generally do not take pictures of my targets/groups. But I will when I get my rifle back. Generally all my 3 shot groups are slightly touching at 100 yards with this gun. I talked to Todd from Red Rock and the lastgroup he shot through my new set up at 800 yards was just over 3 inches. He said he would text me a picture after he tried one last load recipe.

I am shooting a 190 berger vld with 95 grains of rotombo. I know there have been several discussions on this bullet pro's and con's but it shoots better than any that I have tried.

Pugs The VLD are a great bullet IMO when used for their purpose. +1 on retumbo for the RUM. Sounds like you have a great rifle. Congrats and have fun!

nonya can tell a lot from a picture. I got groups LESS than a 1/2 inch nonya. Lots of them. Is there anything you aren't an educated expert on? mtmuley

Muley you have made it to the top of my ignore(dumbass) list,go troll somewhere else.

>Muley you have made it to
>the top of my ignore(dumbass)
>list,go troll somewhere else.

You are the one coming off sounding like the troll. What give you the right to question his honesty? He doesn't have to prove his groups to you or anyone else. If he is happy with the setup that is all that counts. What you or I think doesn't matter one bit.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Ya know, A guy could just ignore members like NONYA that show up here from time to time, but it seems whenever he touches his keyboard, something negative or ignorant is posted. Usually a combination of the two. Ignore me if you want to NONYA, but I'm not the dumbass. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom