nightforce scopes

Their scopes are mostly +50mm which is overkill as far as I am concerned. Everyone knows they are a great optics company so surely nobody could bash their quality. I was halfway teasing a friend of mine about paying about $150 for a pair of their rings. He told me that since he was on the swat team people might be shooting back and he wanted the best...........I might be getting off track here though.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-12 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]It's easy to ID the "new to hunting" folks, they show up to camp with a big 50MM lens. The shave your head, cut off the map edges, shorten toothbrush crowd would never carry a 50MM scope.

flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Their's probably nothen wrong with them,I never owned one but am going to look into them.What brand of scopes do you have?

I have several Nikons and Leupolds and they are 50MM. Love them. I also have several 44MM Nikons and a Vortex. They are fine also but there sure is nothing wrong with the 50MM. I honestly dont the larger MM being a problem.

Nightforce scopes are an incredible tool on the right weapon. It wouldn't make any sense to put one on a standard caliber and may even be overkill for the shorter range magnums. As far as the bigger objectives go, it not only gives optimal light transfer but it's there to get more drop on your reticles for super long ranges for calibers like the Lapua and other big .33 calibers and .50's.
I have one on my 300wby.....it's definitily more scope than i have gun ;-)

I have a 7mm rem mag that shoot's well,just need to upgrade to a better scope to allow me to shoot at long range.

> I have a
>7mm rem mag that shoot's
>well,just need to upgrade to
>a better scope to allow
>me to shoot at long
>range.

It's a fantastic scope, worth every penny, but just not practical on most average range weapons......even the .300's.
If it's the turrets your looking for and just want a great "long range" scope for the money, it's tough to beat a Leupold.

I was leaning more towards the 1000 yard ballistic reticle,I like the yardage numbers off to the side.Zeiss also has the same reticle but for half the price.I got a couple of months to make up my mind, thanks guys for all the info. Walt

I use Nightforce and US optics because they are very well built and incredible tools in the hands of the right person. The only draw back is they are heavy. I prefer US over Nightforce, but it really is like apples and oranges. If you like one buy one. Your the one that has to use it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom