NIkon fieldscope 50MM ED

C

crookedarrow

I'm thinking about adding this for my Colorado high country archery hunt this year. Its light, up to 30 power and seems to be pretty clear. Anyone got experience with this thing or other recommendations? It's not the most powerful, but for a backpack hunt I thought it would provide a good balance of weight for performance and help us reach out a little further. My other optic along for the trip is the swaro 10x32 binos.

Crookedarrow.

I bought this Spotter last year and I really like it. I have a Swaro HD 65mm and just wanted another option that was lighter and more compact for high country hunts(I am also a optics junkie). Although it is limited in its zoom capabilities, it is very clear and has smooth adjustments for focusing. It doesn't weigh hardly anything and is easily packed. The quality of the Swaro is still superior but, for the size, price, and optic quality I really do like this spotter. Hope this helps
Dave

Thanks guys. What kind of tripods do you like with this spotter and for backpacking?

Crookedarrow

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-11 AT 00:05AM (MST)[p]Love this scope. I use the Vortex high country tripod. I works fine. Check the older posts on this forum and search under Slik. Somwonw had a link to a tripod and head that was available on some website. Also, look into the eyepice that is the 13-40 zoom. You will be glad you did. I never go up past 30x on mine, but FOV and eye relief is much better.

BTW, I fell down a hill on my back and broke mine last fall. It was a hard hit, and the scope hit a rock and bent the housing. I sent it back to Nikon with my sob story, and for the price of shipping they sent me a new one. For some reason they seem to treat the ED product customers better than the Monarch guys. I just sold my Monachs for some Viper after the eyecups broke for the 3rd time in 2 years.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

I just got back from a high country Nevada hunt with my buddies compact Nikon. I was packing in a good ways up almost 3,000' and didn't want to carry my big scope at almost 3x weight. My take;

Good scope for the weight. The glass is very good resolution in daylight comparable to my Nikon ED 60mm scope. In low light or if you need more magnification- it can't hang with the bigger HD scope- significant difference. It is more stable on a tripod [due to smaller size and weight]on a windy mountain

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom