Nikon FieldScope III and general scope ??'s

FullCurlHunter

Fellow hunters, have any of you guys used or own nikons fieldscope III 62mm? I am thinking about buying one because the clarity of my simmons 20-45 just isnt cutting it anymore to see bullet holes at 300 yards and for sizing up game out west.

In general is it worth the extra $60 for the angled body? What power would you reccomend in the eyepiece. straight 20x, 40x, 60x or variable 20-45x or 20-60x. I am mainly interested in the variable powers of 20-45x and 20-60x. What are your opinions on the scope, power and straight vs. angled body scopes?

Thanks!

FCH,
I recently purchased the FieldScope and am pretty impressed. I opted for the 20-60 eyepiece instead of the 20-45. Clarity is excellent to about 50X. Clarity is diminished slightly beyond that and at 60x is good. I went with the straight body versus the angled. I use mine for scouting and hunting. I'm pretty sure yours would work very well at the range. I bought the oufit that comes with the tripod and whole setup. The pistol grip base is pretty awesome.
-Raptor

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom