Nikon vs Leica Rangefinders, 1200+ yds

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
I have used the Nikon 1200 and liked it very much. I have heard good things about the Leica. I liked the way the Nikon fits in my hand, and can(just barely) fit in my shirt pocket. The price seems to be close with the Leica about $50 more. Any opinions.

I was interested in the new technology that allows adjustments for up/down angle, but have not seen it in a name/brand I consider top of the line.

I live in Idaho, if you've hunted here you will understand why 1) I'm looking for 1200+ yards and 2) Would like to see an adjustment for angle.

I've got the Leica 900 LRF, and it's been great...however, I really wish it were smaller. Leica now has a smaller one that is the size of the Nikons or maybe a bit smaller. Problem is it's like $700 or something. I may sell my Leica and go to one that fits a little easier in a pocket. You really only need something that does the job reliably. To me, optics aren't nearly as important in the rangefinder as in binos, because you're just checking something out for a few seconds to get a reading. If it were me and I was doing it over, I'd go for the Nikon or the Bushnell elite that measures angles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom