nissan titan to get cummins motor

desertpointbrian

Very Active Member
Cummins Inc.?s (CMI) 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engine has found it was way into Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.?s (NSANY) next-generation full-size Titan pickup truck. Columbus Engine Plant (CEP) of Cummins is being developed to produce the said engine, which is being integrated into Titan as part of a partnership between Cummins and the automaker.

The partnership promises mutual benefit. While Cummins is expanding its business, Nissan is expected to win a larger customer base.

Cummins diesel engine will enhance the pickup?s power, performance and fuel efficiency. It will also widen Cummins? product range. The 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel offers a good balance of towing capacity and mileage with torque rating of mid-500s (lb-ft) and over 300 horsepower.

In addition, the engine boasts innovative technologies of Cummins including turbo technology and Selective Catalytic Reduction technology from Cummins Emission Solutions. It abides by the latest emissions standards. Cummins is also producing a version of the V8 Turbo Diesel for commercial vehicles.

hope they beef up their drive train. guess cummins has been trying to pitch this engine to the big three for years and finally found a taker. kind of a big engine for a half ton. interesting that dodge is putting a 3L diesel made in italy in their half tons. i was reading that a dodge exec jumped ship to nissan or something like that. apparently the big three didn't want to put a diesel in their half tons because they didn't want to drop sales for their big heavy duty trucks. guess the only reason you'd want a diesel in a half ton would be for better mileage. i have two diesel trucks and use them to pull. i personally wouldn't want one in a half ton.

IMHO with the cost of diesel higher than regular gas every where I've been, the only way this makes sense is if it can get a minimum of 30% higher miles per gallon than a comperable gas powered rig.
And like Ropinfool said especially if its in a half ton design.

I'd be all over this if they get it right. From what I've read, it's supposed to get 30mpg on the highway. I'd love a half ton diesel.

take all the worthless emission crap off and get even more mpg.

but if they claim 30mpg with emission control that's pretty good. My full size cummins sees 18-20 all day. better than most half tons. I can see 22 if I drive with no hills and no wind all day.

That diesel will shake that truck a part.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Those Titans are junk. Buddy has one and its just gutless and its off road, MPG, suspension is awful. Putting a diesel engine in a turd just makes it a more expensive turd to drive.

Titans are gutless but a cummins would be like adding EFI live to it. Diesel isn't that much expensive in my area. Plus I get I get better mpg than most half tons gassers.

I would like to see an inline 6 cylinder.

I agree the current Titans have a lot to be desired, both quality and looks. This is supposed to be a redesigned model. So I'm just hoping they get it right.

I remember when the titan first came out, one of the off-road magazines tested a Titan prototype by towing a jeep from california to moab. The rear differential over-heated and went out. For a fix on production models they put a finned aluminum diff cover on all the rear ends.

Hmmm, 2008 Titan, 118K , 4 x4 330+ HP. It's taken me hunting through most mountain ranges between Ca and NY plus western Canada, never let me down , couldn't bury it in mud or snow, gets 16 to 20 mpg all day,aaaand there's damn few truck's that can stay with me light to light, oh well , to each his own.

>Hmmm, 2008 Titan, 118K , 4
>x4 330+ HP. It's taken
>me hunting through most mountain
>ranges between Ca and NY
>plus western Canada, never let
>me down , couldn't bury
>it in mud or snow,
>gets 16 to 20 mpg
>all day,aaaand there's damn few
>truck's that can stay with
>me light to light, oh
>well , to each his
>own.

I'm pretty sure my 08 Tundra has it beat to a pulp in every catagory.. along with its 381 HORSEPOWER and torque on demand.

but as you say.. to each there own...

oh yeah well my 2008 f350 has a lot of power and gets shitty fuel mileage. 8 pulling my trailer and 12 around town. If I had the money to do a delete kit and didn't live in davis county I could get in the 20's but thanx to the stump humpers that wont happen. I would kill to get in the 20's for fuel mileage.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Hmmm. Pretty sure, are the key words here, more horsepower and torque don't alway's mean you can drive, and yes I've blown the doors in on a 2008 tundra!

Deadi, we know where your mind is at, :) Good luck!!

Them import rigs is just too small. I ain't been in a newer model cause all my buds drive real trucks but all the jap rigs i been in, i think there's more room in a can with the sardines and getting in-out you got to be a contortionist(pretty darn limber).

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Tundra crew max too small? May I ask what you drive then? I do believe that although they make a good product, the imports will never truly break into the big 3. They sell cars like hot cakes but a lot of people with imported cars in their drive would never buy a truck outside of the big 3. To each their own, I loved my f-150 but my current Tundra is a great truck as well.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

>How did you blow the doors
>in a tundra? I thought
>jim morrison was dead. Or
>was this a tribute band?
>

What a pathectiicly ignorant response to a semi- intelligent thread !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom