NM 15-B

S

star

Has any on hunted the Oct.-Nov. elk hunt in the 15-B area? Have a hunt comming up on the Now. 30-Dec. 5.....had no time to scout..just wondering if anyone had sucess out there ...thanks ...star..>>>----->

My season closed there on the 13th. I saw a ton of elk (cows) in the Sand Flats area. Every direction you would look you would see elk, but no bulls. Good luck!

I hunted the same hunt as Splash did and I saw the same thing, a ton of cows and no bulls. Seen one small 4X4 hanging and the hunter told me it was running with the cows on opening day. They really need to drop that hunt from the HQHD area for that time of year.I'm from Az and and thats a lot of money to spend on just looking at cow Elk. My hunting buddie and I looked at the Reg. and found that 850 hunters had been in the woods since Sept. to the days of our hunt. Thats not counting the over the counter tags for deer and lander owner tags for Elk for 15B. Its a great area to hunt and I did a lot of leg work but no BUll. Maybe next year I will put in for a eary hunt and see what happens. ITS got to get better and hope i get a tag.

Not a good hunt. I spent 10 days on the late hunt and never saw a bull big enough or close enough to shoot. This used to be a good hunt but too many hunters and too many season's. Next year I think I will look at the 16's. Very disappointed in the hunt. Fish and Game have really over hunted this unit the last 4-5 years. Twokids

Thanks for the replys ...Hunted for 3 days,yep saw elk in 10 to 15 head in a group,but they were very spookey ,any little noice they were off,bulldozing through the woods 100 to 200 yrds.No bulls to be seen,Sept. bow is better I think ....good hunting ...star

I HUNTED 15-B ON THE NOV 9 TO THE 13TH. TOOK A 5X4 BULL ON OPENING DAY. SEEN A GOOD AMOUNT OF ELK BUT NOTHING LIKE I HAVE SEEN BEFORE. MY DAD SHOT AND MISSED A SMALL BULL PROB. A 3 X 3 BUT ITS A GOOD THING HE MISSED. OUR FREEZERS WOULDNT FIT AN OTHER ELK. MY WIFE AND STEP MOM TOOK COW IN 16A A FEW WEEKS BEFORE OUR HUNT. WELL I KNOW THIS IS A LITTLE TO LATE BUT THIS WAS MY FIRST KILL WITH A MUZZLELOADER. I SHOOT A BLACK KNIGHT 50. CALL.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom