NM 36-37 Pronghorn

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Bucked the odds and drew what I supposed to be a killer good tag. It is in the genetic sweet spot of NM and they get some giants around there. This is the first year they opened the units up and not ranch specific, which I understand is going to be a game changer. Gonna have a usual busy fall and this is first up at the latter part of August. I am planning on a week long scouting trip about July and then a week before the season. Hoping to have #1 buck drilled down by then. There are only 10 tags in the units and lot so country and most are residents. Most NM residents only draw a tag or two in their lives so my guess is most will likely shoot the first decent buck in a three day season but you never know who is looking for what... But with that said I am sure some of the big players in the guide world will be looking around....so there's that...

But anyways a new adventure and excited by the unknown....

I drew my tag on a guide attachment and he has some basic ideas but any ideas are greatly appreciated and I always try to play it back to those who help me.... Ted

Hate to burst your bubble but where all the big bucks come from in that unit is all private. Very little public where the big ones are killed, and every one who knows those units knows those spots so you will likely have company.

Its still a good tag, but with this new antelope system not sure how it will play out. You might have a great hunt or you might have 10 people all piled up in the same area

Mule man not the cheeriest news I have ever heard ahahah...I want you to be telling me how I will get so bored weeding through 80 inch plus bucks I finally will just shoot... If I am reading it right there are only 10 tags for both units...and with the private land issue maybe it takes away the big players like Pronghorn guide service and others that are locals...might be on the private and maybe it knocks my two unit wide competition to 5 or so...we will have to see... Others like you told me said everyone is not sure what the news rules will do. I'll give it hell for sure...but do appreciate any info good or bad that lets me know the reality on the ground...

Don?t forget junior hunters. My son drew a nonresident unit 38 tag of which there were nine resident and one non-resident. So if I'm not mistaken 36-37 also has a jr hunt at the same time.

Is 38 not quite as good as 36 and 37? I'm just curious because I have never been there either .

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom