NM area 103

Mbogo

Found out both my wife and myself drew out in this area. I have never hunted antelope there so I am a little unsure of the process so someone please correct me if I am wrong. The Game Department will pick which unit and ranch we hunt on? When do you find out and if it is private property do you have the ability to scout? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the tag. Did you draw for rifle, bow, MI, or muzzy? The first number after ANT will let you know, ie ANT-1-103 is a rifle tag for somewhere in the eastern part of the state. The G&F will assign you to a ranch. I've always used landowner tags, but the rancher should let you scout if you show him proof you have a tag for his property. Good luck.

Josh

All of the antelope I have hunted were in the SE part of NM. It is too hard to tell you what to expect with terrain, numbers, trophy quality, etc without knowing which unit and/or ranch you drew. Hopefully you will get a good ranch that is well managed. I wouldn't sweat too much, the success rate for the rifle antelope is very high.

Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom