NM G&F meeting schedule

bticked

Here is the schedule of public comment meetings for the bear, cougar and antelope proposals that are coming up.
Northwest Area

Aug. 3: Tierra Amarilla, Rio Arriba County Complex, Building 149, Commission Chambers, N.M. 531 and N.M. 162, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Aug. 4: Farmington, Farmington Civic Center, 200 W. Arrington St., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Aug. 4: Estancia, Torrance County Administrative Building, Commission Room, 205 Ninth St, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Aug. 5: Albuquerque, Department of Game and Fish office, 3841 Midway Place NE, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Northeast Area

Aug. 3: Raton, Department of Game and Fish office, 215 York Canyon Road, 6-9 p.m.
Aug. 5: Clayton, National Guard Armory, 323 S. Third St., 6-9 p.m.
Aug. 10: Roy, Harding County Community Center, 557 Wagon Mound Highway, 6-9 p.m.
Aug. 12: Taos, Juan Gonzales Agricultural Center, 202 Chamisa Road, 6-9 p.m.
Aug. 17: Tucumcari, Convention Center, Liberty Room, 1500 W. Route 66 Blvd., 6-9 p.m.
Aug. 19: Las Vegas, Highlands University, Leveo Sanchez Lecture Hall, 6-9 p.m.
Southwest Area

Aug. 14: Las Cruces, Department of Game and Fish office, 2715 Northrise Dr., 1-4 p.m.
Aug. 16: Silver City, Grant County Business & Conference Center (old Wal-Mart), U.S. 180 and 32nd St., 6-9 p.m.
Aug. 17: Socorro, City Council Chambers, 111 School of Mines Road, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Southeast Area

Aug. 2: Carlsbad, U.S. Bureau of Land Management office, 620 Greene St., 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Aug. 3: Ruidoso, U.S. Forest Service district office, 901 Mechem, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Aug. 5: Roswell, Department of Game and Fish office, 1912 W. Second St., 5:30-7:30 p.m

They really would like to have the comments in writing also so here is that contact info along with public and media contacts.
New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
Media contact: Dan Williams, (505) 476-8004
Public contact: (505) 476-8000
[email protected]
Comments to [email protected]

Their final proposal will be given to the game commision on Aug. 28th which I want to say is at the Marriot on Louisiana in Alb. I'll try to clarify that, I was too angry when I wrote down the hotel name. I hope everyone can make their respective meetings.

Ryan

Thanks bticked, but do you notice something about this schedule. ALL THE MEETING ARE SCHEDULED DURING THE WEEK, EXCEPT ONE. Looks like I may only be able to attend one of them in my area.

It would be nice to have them on a weekend when sportmen voices can be heard.

Saturday August 28th in Albuquerque shoud have a huge turn out.

I totally agree. I think a while back there was some talk about having the meetings on the weekends but I never heard any more about it. To do that though, they would have to pay the G&F guys on the weekend and with the state furloughs I doubt thats gonna happen any time soon if ever. I was lucky to make the one here in Alb. luckily it was at 630 pm. The thing is, you can tell the staff and biologists and wardens from G&F are frustrated and annoyed with the negative and argumentative comments made against anything they try to do with reforming any sort of animal management so I think being kind and respectful to those that manage our resources is the absolute best way to get the proposals passed that would most benefit us with the proper sportsman input. Remember send as many emails to the address as you can with respectful and intelligent ideas or criticisms, thank them for a job well done, its not easy trying to please everyone at the same time all the time.

Ryan

I agree totally it has to be done respectfully, but unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the oil in most cases.

We don't have enough sportsmen attending these meetings because of scheduling. I attended a meeting last week presented by Mr. Trejo and I believe he had a terrible turn out when you consider Las Cruces is one of the biggest cities in NM. He had a great presentation with lots of valuable information regarding the proposed pronghorn action and he maybe had 20 sportsmen there including the staff. He even had an article in the Sun News to try to get people there but only a few attended. He also had a game commissioner there to hear everyone out. I just believe we have to do more then send emails, we have to show up! In the previous commission meetings special interest groups, ranchers and outfitters show up. Thanks again for the info.

Guys.. I know that this is going to sound cheesy but MAKE SIGNS... There are going to be so many people at these meetings that everybody will not be able to be heard... BUT if you have a sign they will know where you stand..
J

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom