NM Game and Fish proposed changes.....

nmarchr

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-14 AT 05:37PM (MST)[p]Game and Fish has posted a section on their home page on tag allocations and rule changes... Please leave comments where available. now is our chance as sportsmen to make a change!

There are some good changes and some not so good changes proposed. I like the idea of reducing deer tags and having 2 rather than 3 archery elk hunts, but I don't like the increase in tags for barbary sheep, there are already a ton of hunters out during barbary season. I also don't like the longer seasons for javelina. I feel like the javi numbers are down and they need a chance to recover. Just my thoughts!

If it's 2 season for elk with fewer tags I wouldn't mind that. I'm sure everyone is like what! Are you crazy! I'd a lot rather see fewer hunters when I'm hunting and a better quality of animal. Charge a little more money as well to compensate the fewer tags. I'm sure some of you thinks that's totally crazy but I wouldn't mind that and definitely fewer deer tags.

212 leftover muzzle deer tags for unit 30. Why are they even selling them? I am not sure there are 212 deer in that unit anymore!

I've had trouble signing in ,but have filled it out several times this year.
Cut tags,raise fees to offset,close some units. Elk and deer where appropiate. Most deer units IMHO.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom