NM general tag glitch...

A

adubs11

I just talked to two different reps at the fish and game and they assured me that what you are all experiencing was due to a glitch in the system that hadn't assigned a general tag to your application. My nonresident application shows a general license purchased in my account on 3/14/14. She stated with 100% conviction that what you are all referring to as a way to see if you have drawn a tag is not accuarate at all. Its probably when the system applied the general tag to your application. If you don't draw you will still get a refund. She assured me and so did another guy when I called back the draw hasn't even been completed.

I am hoping this is the case as I can still buy a general license and according to most on this site that would mean I didn't draw a tag...I guess we'll all know who was right tomorrow a.m.!!

Adubs

U are correct that the guys saying the ability or inability to add the general tag to their cart, is NOT a backdoor to see if u drew a tag or not. If u can't add a general license, and u requested a refund. This does not mean u drew a tag! Sorry.

>U are correct that the guys
>saying the ability or inability
>to add the general tag
>to their cart, is NOT
>a backdoor to see if
>u drew a tag or
>not. If u can't add
>a general license, and u
>requested a refund. This does
>not mean u drew a
>tag! Sorry.

Im not worried about adding something to the cart. In my purchases it says I have the license. I can print it off. Its in my hand. And I selected refund.

Why would they let you print off hunting licenses if they were going to refund you the money for it?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]I can print my license and I selected refund as well...it shows a $65 fee charged on 3/14 as I stated above. You need to have a general license to be entered in the draw. Thats where the word "refund" comes from, you have to purchase it first. A lot of people were not able to print them so they had to reapply the general lincense for a lot of people so they could be entered in the drawing. Again, I got this directly from two different reps at the fish and game this afternoon. It's not that I know forsure who is right or wrong but their (F&G) logic about the general license and the glitch seem to make a lot of sense to me. We'll all know in the morning, I'm personally holding on to the belief that the F&G reps are correct and I still draw. I put in for two difficult hunts and one with pretty much 100% draw odds (with an outfitter) and would be shocked if we didn't draw that tag at a minimum.

And yes I do believe that to be true about the drawing and when it's completed. Might be a sucker but both the reps said they don't know when they will "flip the switch" to post the results but they'll be able to tell us over the phone at 10:00 am their time. I was also told that when the applications are received they are manually drawn and a number is given to each application. They are entered into a computer and then the computer actually does the drawing so yes I believe a computer can process the draw and post results in 24 hour time period in the year 2014...IMHO

The draw is a done deal...if I remember correctly it is audited or verified independently...I bet results are posted by EOB today

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14 AT 02:13PM (MST)[p]>I can print my license and
>I selected refund as well...it
>shows a $65 fee charged
>on 3/14 as I stated
>above. You need to
>have a general license to
>be entered in the draw.
> Thats where the word
>"refund" comes from, you have
>to purchase it first.
>A lot of people were
>not able to print them
>so they had to reapply
>the general lincense for a
>lot of people so they
>could be entered in the
>drawing. Again, I got
>this directly from two different
>reps at the fish and
>game this afternoon. It's
>not that I know forsure
>who is right or wrong
>but their (F&G) logic about
>the general license and the
>glitch seem to make a
>lot of sense to me.
> We'll all know in
>the morning, I'm personally holding
>on to the belief that
>the F&G reps are correct
>and I still draw.
>I put in for two
>difficult hunts and one with
>pretty much 100% draw odds
>(with an outfitter) and would
>be shocked if we didn't
>draw that tag at a
>minimum.

I was told by a F&G employee today that emails would be out this evening. He also said that the draw was actually done by Saturday then verified yesterday and today.

He said official results will be posted tomorrow at 10am on their site.

There is no way they would wait until the night before the results are released to fo the draw.

Also the other thing that you aren't looking at correctly is the license purchase. Up until sat morning my app showed a purchase of a game license on March 14 just like yours says. Then on sat morning it changed to "Sold" status instead of "Pending". Now I can print the license.

We will see but I know the drawing has been done for days.

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

adubs - mine shows purchased on 4/19. Im expecting to draw now, but certainly will post if I dont. I put in for all early rifle Gila tags, so not great draw odds.

>The draw is a done deal...if
>I remember correctly it is
>audited or verified independently...I bet
>results are posted by EOB
>today

See above quote for a reliable source of information.

Interestingly, I understand that after "spooling" the applications and doing a dry run, that the draw is conducted in as short as a matter of minutes. I've had mixed results with the backdoor methods over the past few years. In fact, some of the best tags I've drawn came after I'd resigned myself to misery after failing to see any of the backdoor "results" everyone else was claiming to see. Couldn't draw a sheep tag as a resident and I sure as hell won't now that I'm a nonresident! Good luck to all and keep the faith.

-Cody

http://themeateater.com/
www.streamflies.com

Are you printing the purchase receipt instead of the actual license that is listed in the Sold section. SOLD is highlighted in green.

GENERAL LICENSE PURCHASES
Order # Items Purchased Date Total Status
Print License(s) 1 04/19/2014 $65.00 SOLD View Receipt

we're all hoping to draw and obviously getting different information from the F&G department...no wonder why there is so much confusion. I understand what you guys are saying and I would think you are right if your stats changed from pending to sold, I'd be in the final planning stages too...either way I'm not considering myself in or out of the running until it says either "successful" or "unsuccesful". Good luck to all!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14 AT 02:42PM (MST)[p]Everything that I have known and have been told by people in Santa Fe that conduct the draw is that as they draw emails are sent out to successful applicants. In my opinion the draw hasn't happened yet and when you start recieving emails they are conducting the draw.

>Good luck to everyone! Hopefully us
>MMers do well in the
>draw.
>
>
>"You sure you know how to
>skin grizz,
>pilgrim?"

Mine said the same as yours.

maybe Game and fish wants us to print out the license so they don't have to refund the lic fee.
We both checked the box for refund if not drawn.

Also last year you print your tag too.
What keeps people from printing more than one tag and filling them??? There are a few outlaws in this world...

Good luck in the draw.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14
>AT 02:42?PM (MST)

>
>Everything that I have known and
>have been told by people
>in Santa Fe that conduct
>the draw is that as
>they draw emails are sent
>out to successful applicants. In
>my opinion the draw hasn't
>happened yet and when you
>start recieving emails they are
>conducting the draw.

You know the actual draw takes less than 1 minute to complete right?
"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

If that is the case, then why does it now show that my dad has a once in a lifetime Oryx tag on his profile page when he has never drawn an oryx tag??

I still think it is accurate, but I hope you are correct because through the back door method I have not drawn a single tag!!

Guess we will find out in a few more hours via e-mail!?!?

TRC

Same for me. Backdoor is exactly correct. Dad drew OIL Oryx, boys drew deer and I was blanked.

TRC

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom