NM Javalina Hunt

N

NMhuntnutt

Welp,I went down to Lordsburg last weekend and had a blast . We went to thr Rafter JL ranch and enjoyed a heck of a great time with the owner . He runs some 300+ cattle and it was calving season , so we went around his place shooting coyotes . I got a new .17 HMR and it flat out smokes coyotes ! After an afternoon of coyote huntin we headed back to the ranch house and at one of he windmills we found the javalina out , I picked the biggest one and let he air out at 35 yards , got one with real good hair . I had to buy a disposable camera as I forgot my digital but will get my picks this week and have Vinihunt post . Anyhow had a blast and will definitly hunt em again ....Talk at later....NMhuntnutt...thanks for all the help CRAZYBOUTCOUES AND VINI

glad u had blast time...just tell me when its ready to pick up the pic..i ll post it and see how big it is!

congrats!! :)

vinihunt

I posted pix of the boar we killed Saturday, for some reason it's just showing an "X". Have you had any problems with this Vini? I use imagestation. I'll try to post another.

f99f44d1.jpg

Krazy, that's why i like to use hunt101. and boomspeed since imagestation sometime down with server...take forever to load..

but i see the pic...big one! congrats to one of your son! is he?

vinihunt

Congratulations! I don't know how others feel about Javelina in NM but I personaly feel that the tags should be over the counter again. The populations are going through the roof. I applied for a Javelina tag this year, for the SW part of NM and DID NOT draw a tag. I could not believe it. According to last years proclomation, the number of tags far exceeded the number of applicants in last years hunts. And the cost is crazy. $49??? When you can hunt an Antelope for $10 less than a stinky ol pig something is wrong. What do you all think?? Jeff

I agree with you Jeff. I remember when we used to have Javelina contest every year. It cost 20.00. You still had to put in for it but it was garunteed. I personally will never spent 50.00 for a pig. They are fun for a kid though. Just what to do with the meat. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom