NM land office may seek $5 MILLION for hunting access

Call the State Land Office, let them know you think Aubrey Dunn is a farggin idiot! Claimed he supported NM outdoors men and women during his campaign, now tries to screw us over.Sorry POS ,good for nothing counterfeit jack wagon!

I have been very vocal about this on other sites.

I have never voted for a Democrat in my life, but, I will vote for whatever Communist the Democrats put up against this POS in the next election.

Hunting cannot be just a rich mans sport, and clowns like this are just working on deals for their rich buddies.

His filthy lie about it being for schools and hospitals makes me sick.
Lets take the trash out.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-15 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]Ditto Paul,
he is a complete idiot,con artist and crook for welfare ranchers.
He cares not one little bit about NM kids,schools,let alone the outdoors folks he lied to.
Reminds me of a guy...."Go see Cal"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-15 AT 08:42AM (MST)[p]I lean Republican but I have no problem voting for a democrat and only voted for Dunn because of Powell's unilateral decision to ban coyote contests on trust land. Having said that if Dunn remains as unpopular as he is now it would be prudent for someone in the GOP to run against him the primaries.

Yeah he allowed Jim Lane in his office for awhile ,so I believe this had some to do with Jim Lane aka Mr Cheater getting in his ear.Aubrey is by far the biggest hypocrite counterfeit puke that has been elected to office in this state.Aubrey Dunn, Ill say it again , that little white speck on top of chicken $hit, well it's chicken $HIT TOO, AND I SEE WHITE ALL OVER HIM!

It would be nice if hunters could unite on some issues like this and show some political clout here in NM.

Maybe there is a silver lining to this clown extorting money from our G&F. Hunters need to start earning some political respect, and Republicans need to stop taking their vote for granted.

This will be the reason that I will vote for a democrat for the first time in my life.

I stated it in an earlier post, but as an educator it makes me sick and pissed that he is saying that this is being done in the name of education.

It is so much deeper and more chicken ##### then I thought he would go. I voted for a Democrat for the first time in that election because I didn't trust him when he was running.

live4-

Help me understand.....if the money goes to education in some form or fashion, why is that bad? I know it is not much to solve all of the problems, but isn't a start? Say it goes for 10 years, maybe a stamp also gets in place....that's $10M more for someones salary, classroom, etc. Doesn't every little bit help?

I have heard but am not sure that this is coming out of the one the accounts that has over $40 million in it that cannot be used for budetary purposes. A lot of this money if not all of it comes from the Pittman Robertson Act. Therefore all taxpayers across the nation pitch in this. I would think we should do every thing we can for the schools. Hold him accountable to make sure it does go there! Seriously, make sure it does.....follow it and make sure it does.

You might check into how other states work as well. I know they vary but a I know Montana gets a bunch for their schools. We need to move NM education quality up. If this is a start, then I am all for it. BTW. my daughter is a teacher as well. Yes he could have done this differently, but at least he has the balls to do it!

It was brutal... Because of the power of the commissioner he can do whatever he wants. The one thing that worked out in our favor is that Game and Fish can cut locks if they are closed and supposed to be open.
Rep Ezzell was pissed over that but that was too be expected.

J

JFWRC,
As stated in earlier post.

Yeah this seems like something real shady is going on. So this is said to be in the name of education and yes it would add some money to education, but when you look at how much it would effect things we are looking at a minimal affect. There are around 198 high schools in New Mexico that is just high schools. If you include middle schools and elementary schools there are about 500 schools. So this will add about 60 teachers so we are talking about helping 1/3 of the high schools with one teacher not to mention middle and elementary and that is just level one teachers(the lowest salary). I think when you look at the gas and oil budget that could be made up in a heart beat and that is with companies that are actually making money. I don't see why you would take from the poor (NMDGF) to try to make this move.

I almost forgot to mention I am a TEACHER so you would think teacher money would be a good thing and it is, but screwing the sportsmen and NMDGF is not the way to do it. It actually pisses me off that this is being pushed in the name of education when it is becoming apparent that is political.

If you really want to make 800,000 dollars and really want to make a difference in education, instead of just trying to make what you are doing look like a hero for schools, then raise the oil and gas. He could increase oil and gas 1% and make around 3 million.

Again you know he was hoping this would not get signed that way he could do what he wants with it and that is to keep the average sportsman off state land.

Trust me if someone thinks that things should be done for the schools it is me, a teacher, but I can guarantee me or my students would not see a dime from this, but a $10 stamp would hurt some of my hunting students.

I vote yes on the bond elections that come up and so do a lot of other people because that goes directly to the school in your district not some blanket 800,000 that goes into thin air.

If I am paying a $10 stamp then I better see something from it. The state land is not managed at all. The roads are never taken of, gates are locked that shouldn't be, gates are moved to the private piece of the land and you can't hardly use it anyway.

The only balls he has to do anything is to try to use his position to help his friends and himself. I would say coward you would say hero. Your daughter knows how education works, we will work for pennies and buy our own supplies and this will not change. Now that NMDG&F have agreed to it let me know how much changes your daughter sees from it in the future. NONE.

Sorry I got a little long winded on this one, but teaching and hunting are my passions.

Folks, this is plain wrong and should be fought with intensity. Contact the commissioner, send an email to Aubrey Dunn at [email protected] and politely state that sportsmen already pay the lions share for wildlife conservation through licenses, tags, Pittman-Robertson sales tax on sporting goods, AND contribute immensely to the states economy. The state lands were a grant from the federal government so for the commission to say they are not public lands is wrong. The income derived from these lands is designed to support schools, universities,and hospitals in the state but public access was included in the operation of the state lands. Contact your state representative also and the State Land Trusts Advisory Board which will hold a Meeting on Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The meeting will be held at the New Mexico State Land Office, 310 Old Santa Fe Trail, in the Executive Conference Room. I assume the meeting is open to the public, does anyone know?

That is a great question... NMWF is trying to find out. I suspect that it is closed. One of Dunns first acts when he got into office was to dissolve the Sportsman Board and the Conservation Board. Just goes to show what he thinks of us..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom