NM Poachers caught

Bunch of scum bags! Fines should have been much more severe as well they should have had gun rights revoked and any future hunting.

I read this yesterday, and all I could think was: If I applied for and was denied a tag in 34 but this repeat offender was issued a draw tag; I'd rightfully be pissed!!

These guys should have been hammered.
I wonder how the arresting officer feels?

That is so lame--those guys knew what they were doing. Much thanks to the guy that turned them in--hope he got a big reward.

Wow!! Slaps on the wrist huh? I can't belive they make thiese deals with people blaintenly doing these things!! How is there supposed to be in peoe for poaching when their is no serious repercussions!!!

Man this state is in trouble if this is what the results are for poaching.

Those guys all got off way too easily.
Drinking while hunting, atv's on closed roads, multiple wildlife related offenses. They should sure have lost hunting privileges along with stiffer fines and confiscated atv's. This ammounts to not much more than a (gentle) slap on the wrist.

I wonder if they plea bargained guilty pleas for a light sentence.

I thought confiscation of property (off highway vehicles, trucks) used in doing a crime was standard procedure.

They should have had their firearms and ATVs confiscated, lost hunting privlages in all states or at least the western states and much bigger fines. OGT should have paid the informer 500 for the deer offense 250 for the turkey offense and some more money from the NM wild turkey foundation according to the big game rules booklet. Great job to him and my thanks.
Mike

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-15 AT 01:53PM (MST)[p]Scumbags carrying on the old family tradition. They got off easy. Could be cause they were drunk,maybe only 6 DUI's on their record. Or the old "I didn't know" bs.Sort of blanket immunity here.....followed by the weak sister prosicution/courts.

" Both said they thought they had drawn the Barker WMA but never checked their licenses."

They didn't check their license to see what area they actually drew? OMG....these guys should not be allowed to hunt. Ridiculous.....

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I don't know why you guys would expect more. This state is awful in the way it prosecutes offenders (probably every other state for that matter too). You just have to watch the new on any given night to see it. Watch, in the next few days there will be a story about someone out on bail that commits some sort of heinous crime. This state just does not punish anyone for anything. When I vote for judges and district attorneys I never vote for a judge or DA I like. I always vote against a judge or DA I HATE. If you want to make a difference take note of the judge that allowed the slaps on the wrist in this situation and let him or her know that you will be voting against them in the next go round and that you will be sure to tell everyone you know. Same goes for the local DA.

I totally agree Rabid1. I started voting every incumbent out

The efforts I've seen by G&F,and other LEO's recently too have been extremely dissapointing,locally and in state in gen.IMHO

So Sad what our judges do. These guys knew exactly what they were doing.They feel they can do whatever they want. Probably told the judge my great great granpo use to own this land and we were just carrying on family tradition. Or family (tardation)LOL
This happens all the time up north.These guys just don't give a chit... 400 years of marrying your cousin will do it every time.
Just a joke... so don't get all riled up...
Jack

My daughter and friends son had a hunt there this year on the youth deer hunt we had talk to game and fish from what they said 7 of the 8 arrested were ex-felons so why were they allowed to carry guns there are sign posted as you go in ?no off road driving? sad to say this state doesn't do enough to prosecute to avoid people repeating their crimes

Just a slap on the wrist , these jack wagons don't care about the law and know they got off easy.Future caught poachers worry about , well not a lot cuz the judges are so friggin soft!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom