NM Senate passes bill, hunting illegal.

outdoorsdude

Yeah, an overemphasized subject line.

However, did you ever think you would see the day when coyote hunting would be curtailed in New Mexico?

If they can eliminate one aspect of hunting; or maybe one per year, how long before all hunting becomes Illegal?
Think it won't happen during our time? Try hunting some species in California. Like running bears with dogs? don't move to our neighbor to the north. How many people do you know here in NM, that came from a state that frowns upon hunting? I know a lot.

From a close friend in attendance:"Believe it or not, it's not a partisan bill. And from what I've seen, the votes have been rural vs urban and not so much republican vs democrat."

I believe it got bipartisan support because the NM Wildlife federation spoke for the bill in committee! a quote from the sf New Mexican " the New Mexico wildlife federation , who represent thousands of nm hunters spoke in favor of the bill. It went on to say that the nmwl did not believe this was considered hunting. I would then assume they are against fishing Derbyshire too?

where did you find that quote. I looked online and all I could find on the subject in the SF New Mexican is the following.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...cle_726c2186-b7de-56a6-af58-dd9d59eb1679.html

"The New Mexico Wildlife Federation, representing thousands of sportsmen, was unable to agree on the coyote-killing contests, said board member John Crenshaw. ?We have really, really wrestled with this,? he said before the meeting. ?Biologically, though, sport hunting of coyotes, whether by individuals or friendly competition among buddies, is not influencing the upward trend of coyote populations.?"

really? What committee... The board was in opposition to the bill because it was overreaching?

Was told that the calling contest bill, is DOA in the house. No one really wants to touch it.

The Anti-Trapping bill on the other hand.....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom